Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

pure holiday glam @makeitup305 your looks are beautiful!

pure holiday glam @makeitup305 your looks are beautiful!

Re: pure holiday glam @makeitup305 your looks are beautiful!

Thanks @lmaster so nice of you to say!

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@Kim888

I just watched the best eyeshadow application tutorial on Youtube. https://youtu.be/pMGSe37J73Q

The only thing I personally didn't like was when she applied the shimmer shadow. And then there's a break where she suddenly is wearing perfectly applied eyeliner and I would have liked to have seen her do that. But she continues with the shadow to blend out the eyeliner underneath her eye. Overall, best one I've watched (haven't watched a whole lot, tho.) Really is worth watching. But you may already have mastered the technique, but for me it was helpful. I have one palette one the way and one I finally got, the Tartiest Pro Palette. I couldn't even find it on Sephora's site so bought on Amazon. Of course, I have other palettes and quads and so forth, but am excited to for these two especially! Like someone else mentioned, selfies with my eyes closed are never very good! So I don't know if I'll be sharing any, sorry to say because it's fun and I participated a little in the lipstick challenge. Anyway, thanks for creating this one!

Anonymous Insider

Thanks for the tip. I understand about the sharing. Maybe someday. @Jbird1999

@Anonymous

My pleasure! Thanks for your gratitude. I also heard of another tip - make a hastag symbol with your shadow or I suppose a creamy pencil in the outer corner of your eye to get that depth and smoky look! This is done after applying your base - so your contour color (or darkest color) would be the one you'd do this with.

In the video, she really layers her shadows, switching back and forth between her contour shade and an even darker shade. There is other great tips as well! I hope you can get a chance to watch it! Thanks again! And you are welcome! And - yes maybe someday, I'll snap one worth posting! 

This is the first time I’ve ever worn green eyeshadow. 9F7FCBB7-6787-43D7-9DB1-30BD20040238.jpeg

2895E5E8-D6D9-4B5C-9620-BC9E2A3B8DE7.jpeg

RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

So beautiful it matches your eyes!

@faeriegirl  Oh, this is such a pretty green shade!! This looks so good on you,.so you should wear more often!! I love a pretty green shadow!!😊

Thank you @yankeefaithful!

Loving the green shade on you @faeriegirl! I enjoy wearing green eyeshadow when I’m up for a pop of color (much more so than right lipstick). 💗 how this looks on you:)

Thank you @eshoe!

@faeriegirl It looks really good! I love green eyeshadow and I think it’s more wearable than most people think.

Thank you @makeitup305

@faeriegirl Looking very nice and not over the top. You overall look is very prettt. You can totally do this more often.

which green is this?

Thank you @naturalooks15! It is money bags from the too faced chocolate gold palette.

When I had first seen the Morphe 3502 palette, I won't lie...I only got it for one shade out of the whole thing. Fire the red one. I tried it and put it away, not sure why. But so far every shade I've tried I've loved.

Day 7- Fire and Sauce

Day 7.jpg

@Samtian Looks great! I love the blending!

@makeitup305Thank you! Luckily for me they blend easily.

I love the combination of colors you used @Samtian

I love the combination of colors you used @Samtian

Re: I love the combination of colors you used @Samtian

@lmasterThank you!

@Samtian This looks nice. It is giving me courage to actually open Viseart Golden hour that I got as gift and use the red from there 😊 (I was thinking of returning it).

1 Reply
testing