Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans

Spring has Sprung!

Rave about your fave Spring-season earthy/woody fragrances...

Spring has Sprung!

Help a girl out, here! Nothing? I've got $ to burn & empty perfume bottles aplenty from fall/winter. Damp earth, for example. A split cedar log soaked in rainwater. Grass. Green notes. Fresh muddled stems and plant leaves. Herbs. Look at the pic I posted and pretend it's scratch-n-sniff: a clearing in a forest in springtime. Deep breath. Anybody?

Re: Spring has Sprung!

Byredo Gypsy Water ($150/50mL, $230/100mL) is "...inspired by the glamorization of the Romany lifestyle with a scent reminiscent of fresh soil, deep forests, and campfires."   To me, it initially smells of a crisp morning walking into the forest, but you still have a half mile left.  Then the incense, pine, and vanilla start emerging as you get closer.  At times, it smells like a lemon pound cake - but the earthy notes and incense keep it from being a full on gourmand.   This is not completely literal in my opinion, you're not going to smell overly woody or foresty, but it gives off that vibe - not so much lush, green and mossy, but more like a forest at nighttime, it's cool and you can hear the bug sounds and see fireflies light up the forest floor with incense burning in the background.  What I find interesting is this scent can feel urban and modern as well.

• Top notes: bergamot, lemon, pepper, juniper berries.
  • Middle notes: incense, pine needles, orris.
  • Base notes: amber, vanilla, sandalwood.

Demeter has scents called Grass and Wet Garden ($18/30mL, $35/100mL).  I have not tried them, but I'm ordering samples soon.  I've heard they are linear and literal. 

My signature fresh, earthy scent is Diptyque Philosykos EDT ($95/50mL, $135/100mL) which is a celebration of the fig tree - Diptyque describes it as "...The memory of a Greek summer at Mount Pelion. To get to the sea, there was a natural grove of wild fig trees to cross through. The sun at its zenith heated the earth, the dry wind carried the scent of the trees and their fruit. Philosykos is an ode to the entire fig tree: the green freshness of the leaves, the density of the white wood, the milky flavour of the figs."   The coconut in the heart emulates the milky fig fruit, adding just the perfect amount of sweetness to the green and woody scent.  This doesn't smell like a forest, but it is worth mentioning, as it opens with a green, almost freshly mowed grass note, and develops into a beautiful, woody scent.

Raw materials: fig leaves, fig tree sap, fig tree wood
Olfactory accident: black pepper

I like Commodity Moss ($105/100mL), just be sure to try it on before hand.  It dried down weird on my skin - but it's definitely one I would purchase if it bode well with my chemistry.  Sephora describes it, "...This crisp aroma captures the balance between fresh, cool greens, and musky earth undertones. Mother Nature would be proud. Moss is a crisp and earthy scent that is loved by both men and women."

Key Notes:
Oak Moss, Cedarwood, Petitgrain

@Anngelique What about “Moss” from commodity?

Me 'likey' the name 'Moss'--not me 'likely' the name 'Moss'.

At last, a kindred spirit. Thanks for responding. Me like...

At last, a kindred spirit. Thanks for responding. Me likely the name. Can you please give a fragrance description for "MOSS"?
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
testing