Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Looking for a Less Expensive Wood Sage and Sea Salt

I love Joe Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt but it’s way too expensive for my budget. Any less pricey suggestions? ♥️

Re: Looking for a Less Expensive Wood Sage and Sea Salt

@italiandaughter

I know this is an old post but Clean Sel Santal is pretty similar

I don't know how convincing it is, but Wellington Fragrance sells a dupe of Wood Sage and Sea Salt. Intended for crafters/home perfumers, so it would have to be diluted in oil or alcohol. I've been impressed with the quality of their single notes (I dabble in homemade scents for bath and body), but I haven't tried this one. FAR less expensive than Jo Malone, for sure.

Hi @italiandaughter!

It'll be tricky to find a dupe as I've found Wood Sage & Sea Salt to be a mix of some less common fragrance notes. 

One option for you might be to pick up a couple cheaper sprays and combine them to try and dupe the scent. My first thought for this would be to try Demeter, since the sprays are relatively inexpensive, and the fragrance options are plentiful. There's a Salt Air fragrance from Demeter, for example. I'd try to combine that with something earthy/woodsy for the Wood Sage. You might want some citrus in there too since WS&SS has grapefruit.

I've heard some compare Pinrose Sun Saint, although I think Sun Saint leans more "beachy" than WS&SS. From the notes, I don't believe it would be an exact dupe, but it may be an option that suits you!

https://www.sephora.com/product/sun-saint-P419110?skuId=1949528&icid2=products%20grid:p419110

Replica MMM may still be too expensive, but possibly Sailing Day? Although it might lean too masculine for your tastes.

https://www.sephora.com/product/replica-sailing-day-P427008?skuId=1992627&icid2=products%20grid:p427...

Lastly, I haven't tried this one yet so I can't say for certain, but Clean Beach Night could be another option - although there's a bit of floral in it.

https://www.sephora.com/product/ultimate-beach-night-P429706?skuId=2054229&icid2=products%20grid:p42...

Not at Sephora, but maybe Comptoir Sud Pacifique? Aqua Motu or Eau des Lagons. 

I definitely suggest sampling these scents before purchasing!

Good luck! I hope you can find a scent that works for you.

RE: Re: Looking for a Less Expensive Wood Sage and Sea Salt

Thank you! This is amazing 😍

Re: RE: Re: Looking for a Less Expensive Wood Sage and Sea Salt

You're welcome! Please let us know if you find anything that's a dupe!

RE: Re: RE: Re: Looking for a Less Expensive Wood Sage and Sea Salt

I will! Do you think I could mix the Demeter fragrances in their own bottle or would it be better just to mix them on the skin?
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing