Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

what are some good exfoliating products for dry/sensitivie skin?

Re: what are some good exfoliating products for dry/sensitivie skin?

L'Occitane Brightening Exfoliant! Nice little beads that really make your face so soft!!!

RE: what are some good exfoliating products for dry/sensitivie skin?

Love the walnut scrub by ole henriksen! Really softens the skin and smoothes everything out

Sunday Riley’s Good Genes works miracles.

Anonymous Insider

@mezzotown, for a chemical exfoliant, I like First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads. My combo-dry, sensitive skin really does well with it - it's gentle enough to so my skin doesn't react negatively to it but the lactic and glycolic acids in it are effective at sloughing off the dead skin and helping with the little bumps I used to get below my chin/jawline. Because lactic acid is a milder form of AHA, it takes a little longer to see results than what might normally come with other acids. If you are looking for a physical exfoliant, I recommend the Tatcha Indigo Soothing Rice Powder Enzyme. For dry, sensitive skin, that one and the Gentle are the best choices but the Indigo line is the one I prefer between those two. Another one that I find is good is Dermalogica Microdailyfoliant - just FYI, this contains salicylic acid so definitely avoid if you are allergic.

The drbrandt microdermabrasion exfoliator IS BOMB! I love it, It made me way less dry and flakey

Kate Somerville Exfolicate is my go to. My skin feels ama...

Kate Somerville Exfolicate is my go to. My skin feels amazing. It's worth the extra money.

I really like Boscia exfoliating peel gel their tsubaki products. They have done wonders for my skin and I have super sensitive dry skin! Be sure only to exfoliate 1-2 times a week though.

Sonya Dakar's Nutrasphere Flash Facial is my favorite for a gentle exfoliation.

I love amorepacific enzyme peel. It is expensive but worth it. Must have product

@mezzotown88

For dry sensitive skin, I would avoid all physical exfoliators - that is any scrubs that have particles in it.

Mild lactic acid is a good option.    Lactic acid acts like a humectant, will not dry out your skin.  DDG alpha beta peel pads (extra gentle) have a combination of lactic and a a couple other acids.  I would start there.

I love the Ole Henriksen Transforming Walnut Scrub! It provides a gentle exfoliation which eliminates dry patches and flakes however it is not too harsh on the skin. I recommend using it 2-3 times a week just before bed followed by a hydrating toner or moisturizer. The Fresh Rose Hydration Toner is great for smooth and glowing skin.

@mezzotown88 Dr Jart Dermaclear Micro Milk Peel is super gentle yet really effective. You apply it with the cotton pads included - one side is very soft, the other slightly rougher if you need more exfoliation (feels more like a washcloth, though - not super scratchy) and leave it on only for a few minutes. Then just rinse it off. I have a little rosacea so I don't like anything too strong. This is so gentle you could use it daily

Tata Harper's Regenerating Cleanser and Perricone MD PRE-EMPT Pore Refiner. If I could afford both all of the time, I would NEVER be without them!

Dr.Brandt Microdermabrasion and Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin...

Dr.Brandt Microdermabrasion and Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme are my faves💜

@mezzotown88 Mechanical exfoliators: I like Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, but Neutrogena also has good ones.  BHA: Paula's Choice is the only brand that makes good ones; if your skin is super dry then use the 1 or 2 percent concentration.

PixiGlow Tonic

Dr Dennis Gross ultra-gentle pads 

I second the Tatcha indigo powder for a scrubber exfoliator. If you're looking for a peel or chemical exfoliator I really love Real Chemistry (not at Sephora) 3 minute peel and the Tata Harper resurfacing mask. I have really sensitive skin and haven't had a problem with any of these.

Tatcha gentle or indigo enzyme powder is great for gentle physical and chemical exfoliation. If you are thinking more of peels, then Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta peels are a popular option.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing