Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Dry Skin

uber dry skin

I need a super moisturizer for uber dry skin a masque or a daily moisturizer it dost matter something I can wear under makeup that will keep me from drying out and not look too greasy or make my makeup slide around also have very sensitive skin so preferably all natural or soothing.

Accepted Solutions

One brand that might be worth sampling is Caudalie.  It i...

One brand that might be worth sampling is Caudalie.  It is a natural brand that has soothing properties (derived from grapes).  It provides decent moisture.   Also this week, you can grab an online sample from Sephora with the promo code: VINOSPF . Korres is another natural brand available at Sephora that might be worth sampling.  This brand to me is somewhat hit or miss so I highly recommend trying it first. 

Sensitive skin wise, Philosophy skincare is not the best.  I found it not moisturizing enough and caused a really nasty breakout. 

For super dry skin, I would lean towards La Mer, Amore Pacific, Guerlain (Super Aqua), NARS, and Shu Uemura (depsea). 

To keep makeup from sliding, try a primer or a hydrating primer after moisturizer.  If you really have very dry skin, the all in ones may not be enough to keep your skin moisturized.  One excellent primer that will not dry out your skin after moisturizer is the Mineral Veil from Hourglass:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P210575&categoryId=C17271  .  I have also been able to use MUFE HD primer without the drying feeling.  The only primers to avoid are the mattifying ones made for oily skin.  

All Replies

Hey :)   I read your post and i have a make-up blog that...

Hey Smiley Happy

I read your post and i have a make-up blog that i write. I've tried a sample of a product that i think will work. It's called Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. It's great at keeping your skin from getting oily. I have oily skin and I know how it is. I'm not going to lie, it is expensive. If your not really into buying uber expensive things (lol who is?) any makeup primer will work but make sure it's oil free. Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

-Maddi

I've heard that Philosphy's Hope in a Jar is a definite c...

I've heard that Philosphy's Hope in a Jar is a definite classic, so you may want to check that out. If you're worried about a little grease, just invest in some blotting tissues. From your question, I sense that your oiliness is probably very minor. You may also want to sample La Mer. It's so expensive, but you can get a sample of that stuff and it could possibly last you forever. The trick to that stuff is to use very very little at a time and pat it on to your face instead of rubbing it on your face. Because La Mer is very rich, I would suggest starting out at night time first to see how your skin would adjust to it. Using it during the day time may be too greasy just so you know. I hope this helps and good luck!

One brand that might be worth sampling is Caudalie.  It i...

One brand that might be worth sampling is Caudalie.  It is a natural brand that has soothing properties (derived from grapes).  It provides decent moisture.   Also this week, you can grab an online sample from Sephora with the promo code: VINOSPF . Korres is another natural brand available at Sephora that might be worth sampling.  This brand to me is somewhat hit or miss so I highly recommend trying it first. 

Sensitive skin wise, Philosophy skincare is not the best.  I found it not moisturizing enough and caused a really nasty breakout. 

For super dry skin, I would lean towards La Mer, Amore Pacific, Guerlain (Super Aqua), NARS, and Shu Uemura (depsea). 

To keep makeup from sliding, try a primer or a hydrating primer after moisturizer.  If you really have very dry skin, the all in ones may not be enough to keep your skin moisturized.  One excellent primer that will not dry out your skin after moisturizer is the Mineral Veil from Hourglass:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P210575&categoryId=C17271  .  I have also been able to use MUFE HD primer without the drying feeling.  The only primers to avoid are the mattifying ones made for oily skin.  

I also had the same problem of dry skin especially around...

I also had the same problem of dry skin especially around my cheeks even after using a night cream and daily moisturizer. The best thing that I found and highly recommend is Oil of Olay's Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream. It is a miracle worker. I use it nightly before I sleep and after I wake up, my skin is super soft. My skin hasn't been this soft for a long time and now it feels like baby soft skin. I knew that this was a keeper after one use and if you use it nightly for a few nights, you'll notice the difference. Use this at night and you can also use a daily moisturizer with spf before you apply primer and foundation. This is my secret to finally having soft and smooth Korean looking skin.

I'm also working on finding that perfect moisturizer for...

I'm also working on finding that perfect moisturizer for my extremely dry skin (not to mention hair). I've tried the Hope in a Jar by philosophy and I felt like I was dried out in ten minutes. Thank God I only tried the sample! I was thinking of trying some Cauldaile products, they have great sample kits plus bio active ingredients. I've learned covering up your face with make-up is like only covering up a flawed canvas. Make your skin beautiful and you will have no need for for paint. I'm working on my skin and pores after all French women pride themselves on not having to wear little to no make-up.  PLUS PLUS PLUS you have to drink a insane amount of water, when you think your hungry your poorly just thirsty!

Is Clarins HydraQuench Rich Cream for Very Dry Skin greas...

Is Clarins HydraQuench Rich Cream for Very Dry Skin greasy or is it creamy and absorbs easily?

I just finished a jar of Clinique repairwear SPF-l5 intensive day cream, very dry skin formula.  I did not like the greasy

feeling.  Also my face doesn't look any better.

Re: Is Clarins HydraQuench Rich Cream for Very Dry Skin greas...

Hi mastags,

The Clarins cream isn't too greasy but is a very thick and emollient formula. I would suggest that you try the Korres Yogurt Cream. This cream is amazing for dry skin in that it keeps it hydrated without being slick and greasy. Smiley Happy
Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors