Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

foundation for dry skin??

I have dry skin and have tried many foundations and none of them seem to work for me!! Any suggestions? High end and drugstore is fine as long as they're good. Thx!

Re: foundation for dry skin??

cpb has a foundation that suits for dry skin

Dr Jart BB Cream is a HG product for me. If it's a color match for you (it sadly only comes in two shades, and both are pretty light),  you might like it. 

my HG foundation is Koh Gen Do Aqua Luminous Foundation....

my HG foundation is Koh Gen Do Aqua Luminous Foundation. it's stunning on. Josie Maran also is a good option!

Take a look at the new Bare Minerals Bare Pro Liquid Foun...

Take a look at the new Bare Minerals Bare Pro Liquid Foundation. It has great coverage, and an awesome natural finish. Super comfortable wear all day. I would suggest that if you are having trouble with dry patches, skincare prep will be the biggest help in a smooth finish...no matter which foundation you choose.

RE: foundation for dry skin??

I love Nars tinted moisturizer for my dry skin.

Nars Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturizer. The coverage is actually really great for a tinted moisturizer, and with a good concealer can be built up to medium+ coverage. It's never clung to any of my dry patches, and it's super "skin like". Surprisingly versatile depending on what coverage concealer, powder, etc you use!

I've been loving It Cosmetics CC cream...it's amazing and has more coverage than you might think. As for drugstore, L'Oréal Pro Glow is great!

Tarte Rainforest of the sea with a little Argan oil (I use the Josie maran one) to prime and you'll be glowing. I have eczema prone skin on my face and this foundations CALMS the inclination and I look even, effortless and smooooth

I have relatively dry skin and find that the YSL Touche Eclat foundation is fantastic! It is a bit pricy but I find that it provides amazing coverage while also maintaining a healthy skin balance. As with any foundation, I apply this with a damp beauty blender and dab it on while avoiding making any swiping or side-to-side motions, as this will cause micro-exfoliation and thus further aggravate dry patches! It is important, however, to moisturize with a trusted moisturizer (I prefer either the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation moisturizer or the Neutrogena Hydro boost gel-cream moisturizer for extra-dry skin which is the creamier version of the normal Neutrogena Hydro boost water gel). I enjoy these moisturizers because they absorb quickly into your skin and don't leave your face feeling super tacky or oily. This is also a huge plus in the morning because it makes it easier and quicker to then apply a good primer and then your foundation! I would recommend moisturizing every morning and night after gently cleansing your face to establish a good balance. Another good foundation that I have found for drier skin is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. This foundation has a radiant finish which is ideal for dry skin and has a medium coverage, but is also buildable so you can definitely make it more full coverage if you would like! The foundation that I am currently enjoying is the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation because I have been very into super full coverage foundations recently and although I have had relatively normal/mildly dry skin recently, I find that this foundation doesn't dry me out one bit and has a slightly matte/radiant finish so it gives you that nice glow without being overwhelming (which I found with the Josie Maran Vibrancy foundation where I felt like an oil-slick). I hope this helps you out a bit and good luck finding your go-to foundation! 🙂 

RE: Re: foundation for dry skin??

Thank you sm I will have to try these foundations and those methods!

I just got the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation for the first time (I feel so late to the game lol) and I LOVE it! Granted, I have combination skin but it doesn't cling to my dry patches at all and gives me an amazing, natural looking finish.

Love this foundation, perfect for dry skin!

The Josie Maran argon oil foundation is bomb

i like to use the josie maran vibrancy foundation and the nars sheer glow!

You can try maybelline fit me foundation

Hey girl! I have incredibly dry skin and I suffer from eczema flare ups on my face. Right now my go to is the Hourglass Vanish Foundation sticks with the CoverFX hydration drops to blend! Gives me awesome coverage and keeps me looking dewy and not a face of sandpaper skin

I use the Colourpop concealer in Fair 5 as foundation. It's sold out right now but it's $6 when in stock on their website. I also really like Estée Lauder double wear foundation for my dry skin. Literally nothing else has worked for me besides those two.

Try the tarte rainforest of the sea and also the nars radiant tinted moisturizer is good

I was going to say the same! The Rainforest of the Sea collection is amazing and the foundation is so hydrating!
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing