Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

dry sensitive skin...looking for moisturizer

I have amazing skin, no acne BUT I am very sensitive. I react to anything with fragrance ...I always break out in a small rash. I've used ponds since young now 35 I want to make sure I still have great skin. I can get very dry ( which is crazy because I drink so MUCH WATER) 

SO IF ANY ONE CAN RECOMMEND ANYTHING PLEASE HELP

LOVE- FRUSTRATED DRY SENSITIVE GAL 

Re: dry sensitive skin...looking for moisturizer

I honestly didn't realize I had dry skin until I was super late in the game and my skin would suck the moisture right up like I had been starving it and I would break out with chemically products. A lot of products seem too watery/gel-like and doesn't do the trick, but I kinda settled into a regimen that has been working for me so far, 

No matter what I always apply Hada Labo Rohto Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion first after cleansing, which is something you can find on Amazon. It makes your skin absorb moisture better. I've gotten into a skin regimen of using the Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing face oil day and night and adding the Red Bio Retinoid Anti-Aging cream whenever I need it (days I am super dry). I know it's kinda a bit pricey and I would just get the Fresh face oil if you were to pick one. My skin has honestly never looked more youthful!

Also whenever I use the Fresh Seaberry face oil, I always apply it in an upwards direction. You don't want to aid gravity in the aging process :D. Also there are also facial massage techniques that help sculp the face you can look up as an added bonus, plus it helps the oil absorb better. I hope this helps! 

RE: dry sensitive skin...looking for moisturizer

I recommend Belif Aqua Bomb, it does wonders for my dry sensitive skin and doesn’t have a fragrance...

I really like REN Evercalm™ Global Protection Day Cream and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.

I've always been dry to normal and sensitive skin, but as I got older now I have dry (flaky) skin. I do have dermatitis which is why I have sensitive skin. I also tend to break out to a lot of moisturizers out there or it gives me a rash. However, the one that works best most seasons has been ultra repair moisturizer by First Aid. Eucerin is good too. I never was able to use ponds cream. That made me break out big time.

I totally understand I'm the same way too now. My chin gets flakey now. I tried the first aid beauty it was okay. And eucerin I hve.  Overnight I tend to rub aquaphor on my lips cheeks and chin. It's just so thick and will clog my pores 😕

jmnyc180 wrote:

I've always been dry to normal and sensitive skin, but as I got older now I have dry (flaky) skin. I do have dermatitis which is why I have sensitive skin. I also tend to break out to a lot of moisturizers out there or it gives me a rash. However, the one that works best most seasons has been ultra repair moisturizer by First Aid. Eucerin is good too. I never was able to use ponds cream. That made me break out big time.

Hi @HennyG!

I have sensitive skin as well but on the oily side.  I've found that La Roche Posay has great products for sensitive skin and so does Eucerin.  Fronm LRP I'd recommend reading the label to ensure that your skin isn't going to react as I'm very particular about what I put on my skin and just because it says it's for "sensitive" skin doesn't mean that my sensitive skin is going to like it.  From Eucerin, I've found that their Eucerin Q10 cream is rich, hydrating and gentle.  From Sephora, I currently use Peter Thomas Roth's Water Drench and it's very hydrating but not sure if it will be enough for your dry skin.

I hope you find this helpful!

Oh awesome thanks !! A friend mention petertr,  I've used eucerin as well. I always read everything , my skin reacts right away if it's not for me lol. I tried a serum and oil from l'occatine lets see how this goes.

b3autygrl wrote:

Hi @HennyG!

I have sensitive skin as well but on the oily side.  I've found that La Roche Posay has great products for sensitive skin and so does Eucerin.  Fronm LRP I'd recommend reading the label to ensure that your skin isn't going to react as I'm very particular about what I put on my skin and just because it says it's for "sensitive" skin doesn't mean that my sensitive skin is going to like it.  From Eucerin, I've found that their Eucerin Q10 cream is rich, hydrating and gentle.  From Sephora, I currently use Peter Thomas Roth's Water Drench and it's very hydrating but not sure if it will be enough for your dry skin.

I hope you find this helpful!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing