Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

dry face problem face hydration hydration

Hey guys 

I been having problems with dry skin a lot and its a really big issue of mine. I looking for anything good that hydrates my skin well. I have tried every type of product to help with my dry skin but nothing seems to work. This is a big problem for me even when I do my makeup my foundation never sits on my face and is always so flaky and peels off while applying my foundation same for my eyes when applying concealer its like sandpaper and when applying eyeshadow it always looks so rough. 

Thank you guys hope I can find something for my dry dry dry dry face. 

Re: dry face problem face hydration hydration

I do almost all of my skincare at night with just a light moisturizer and sunscreen during the day. Too much skincare under your makeup can cause issues with your products, depending on your skin type. Since I do most skincare at night (and I'm a bit extra), I use both Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL and Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask and top it off with a facial oil like Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL . Another great way to add hydration is a hyaluronic acid serum. If you add one into your routine, it would go first. You can also use a hyaluronic acid as your first product during the day. *Disclaimer, I am not a dermatologist. That is just the skincare routine my dermatologist and I have found to work on my skin. Also, if you use a lot of powder products, that can exaggerate skin issues like dry flaky skin. Cream and liquid products can be more forgiving.

Hi @Anonymous ! A few questions: 

1. What's your current skincare routine (brand + product names)? 
  2. Have you ever seen a dermatologist? You could have a skin condition that requires more care than anything we can suggest here. 
    Spoiler
    Some folks would say "or see an esthetician," but I'll qualify that with "see a medical esthetician"—one who's worked alongside a dermatologist. In the US, estheticians can't diagnose skin conditions, but they can be a helpful resource once you've got a diagnosis. 
  3. What are some of the products you've tried already? (You mentioned trying "every type of product"; I don't want to suggest things you've already tried.) 

Normally I'd recommend using a petrolatum-based balm/ointment (like Aquaphor Ointment or CeraVe Healing Ointment) on damp skin as a moisturizer until your skin barrier's improved. And perhaps a serum that contains a humectant (an ingredient like hyalorunic acid, honey extract, polyglutamic acid, etc., that attracts water and draws it into the skin), applied to damp skin beneath a moisturizer. But I'd like to know your current routine first. 

@Anonymous  Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL , Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream , and Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml have been great for my dry skin this winter.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing