Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Would you say you could pull off a foundation for oily skin if you have a good skincare routine?

I wear lancome teinte idole 24 hour wear and I hear that it's for more oily skin. I have dry or dehydrated skin I don't really know the difference. Surprisingly it's the only foundation that doesn't EXTREMELY exaggerate my dry patches. It still does though haha.

RE: Would you say you could pull off a foundation for oily skin if you have a good skincare routine?

I have dry or dehydrated skin too. But for a long time it was oily and it changed but I didn't realize and it's dehydrated now!! Foundation dries my skin unless it's powder. Even then. So I tend not to use it and instead I use Dr. Jart BB ceramidin tinted CREAM with Fab Coconut smoothie on top. I spot treat with UD Powder foundation. MedIum coverage. Usually I only need it under my eyes. I've been using Cicopair on anything red like eczema which looks like acne on me!! I use a lot of Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers or primers. Most come from Sephora Collections or promos. If I have to buy~ I get the smallest ones bc I'm layering a few things on to treat my dry skin as well as hide hoe crummy it looks!!! Haha

Re: Would you say you could pull off a foundation for oily skin if you have a good skincare routine?

Yes! I use Estee Lauder's Double Wear and I have normal but mostly dry skin on my face. I use it because it has amazing staying powder, and I live in a very hot environment. I don't use it to full coverage though, so that might have something to do with it. I always moisturize, and exfoliate my skin, and haven't run into too many problems. I always moisturize my face right before I apply it as well, which makes a huge difference. I don't think I could use this foundation if I didn't thoroughly moisturize my face right before application.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing