Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

What’s your favorite non-drying face wash?

Looking for a new face wash. I’ve used purity for ever but my skin has gotten more and more dry as I’ve progressed through my 30s. I’ve been considering the rice wash from Tatcha. 

Re: What’s your favorite non-drying face wash?

@rkinkoph There's some great recommendations below, I'd just like to add on a couple I haven't seen yet 🙂

KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser is a great gentle face wash that doesn't leave my face dry.

Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser a wonderful oil-cleanser, guaranteed to keep the skin hydrated. I like to use this as the first step in a double cleanse personally but for drier skin this might be the only step you need.

Hope you find your perfect fit 🙂

I have been using the Skinfix Barrier+ Foaming Oil Hydrating Cleanser 6 oz/ 177 mLand it has been great in the mornings not drying out my skin too much. At night I use a cleansing balm, I’ve tried the Youth To The People Superberry Dream Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL and it was not too drying as well as the Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm & Makeup Remover 3.4 oz/ 100 mL after one of those I use the Aveno Oat Cleanser because it is so gentle and great for sensitive skin. 

vani-cream sensitive skin face wash. Remember to never buy an expensive cleanser because the expensive ones you put on your face for 20 seconds and then all the ingredients go down the drain and have done nothing for your skin. The only point of face washes is to remove grime without stripping your skin and as long as the ph is about 5.5 (your skin ph) cheep one’s without fragrance get the job done. 

So I used to think I had dry skin but I realized all the stuff that is geared towards dry skin would end up eventually drying it out more/ would stop working. When I switched to a basic gentle cleanser my skin changed. I used Farmacy Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser 5 oz/150 mL for the longest time. One day they didn’t have in stock at my local store so one of the nicest guys said look I know it’s not the exact same but you should really try Fenty Skin Mini Total Cleans'r Makeup Removing Cleanser 1.52 oz/ 45 mL . So I got the Fenty cleanser and ordered my usual to have it shipped. I was blown away. I love how refreshing it feels. It goes on velvety smooth and just after washing my face, my skin feels hydrated before applying any additional products. It strips away excess oil without further drying out your skin. 

@rkinkoph - The same thing happened to me--as I got older, my skin became drier.  I use Tatcha The Rice Wash Skin-Softening Cleanser in the winter when my skin is drier.  I also like First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser .

Personally, I have super dry skin and the selfless by hyram centella and green tea cleanser is my favorite. It’s not too drying or harsh while cleansing my skin. It’s one of my favorites

@rkinkoph  The Tatcha rice wash is really good. My favorite is Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 

Does that one dry you out at all @faeriegirl ?  

@CarolBT  It doesn’t dry me out at all. I’ve seen some reviews from people with dry skin that says it does, but it works great for me.

oh right right!! @alexasteph  I also Love that Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm - loooove it.

@rkinkoph maybe a cleansing balm would be kinder to your skin right now.  Try Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm or a cleansing oil before whatever gel/cream you are using now to help alleviate the dryness. The Rice Wash is great, but it might be too drying on its own. I mix mine with the Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser for some gentle exfoliation, but I wouldn’t splurge for the powder just yet. 

@rkinkoph  I also love the tatcha but I’ve been using The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL  and Summer Fridays Super Amino Gel Cleanser 5.0 oz/ 150 mL  and it seems to be the perfect combo for my almost 40 skin. 

@rkinkoph  I have mostly-dry combo skin and use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar on my face and body in the shower each night. It's kind of the bar version of CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser which is a non-lathering cream cleanser. The bar does lather up but it's soap-free and never leaves my face feeling dry, stripped, or "squeaky clean." 

I've also used the newer CeraVe Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser: it's a liquid cleanser that's exactly as described, cream to foam. My face likes it a lot, but I mostly use it as a handwash in my bathrooms because my dry hands love it. 

In the morning, if I need to wash my face (I don't always), I use something very gentle: either Paula's Choice RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser (a non-foaming cream cleanser) or a cleansing balm—either The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL or Paula's Choice Omega + Complex Cleansing Balm 3.5 oz/ 104 mL . 

@rkinkoph I don't have dry skin, but I do highly rec First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser .  You also might want to look into CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser.

17 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 32 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
testing