Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Dry Skin

What is your night/day time skincare routine?

I would just like to know what everyone does and maybe adapt some of those ideas into my routine as well!

Im really simple and at night

- I exfoliate face with Korress Wild Rose

- Exfoliate lips with LUSH lip scrub

- put the Korress wild rose sleeping facial

- and some EOS lipbalm

And for the day i just wear

- Korress wild rose 24 hr moisturuzer

However, I feel like I'm missing some things to do! what do you do?

Re: What is your night/day time skincare routine?

I use toner because most cleansers dont do a good job of removing 100% of my makeup. I dont use makeup removers, I would rather use a wipe, cleanse and tone than buy yet another item for my face. Very few cleansers (especially the natural ones, which is what I use) remove everything off my face, so I use a toner (a natural moisturizing/purifying one, I'm very loyal to Thayers) for that. I dont use it with really good cleansers and most of the time, a wipe and cleanser does the job perfectly. If I'm testing a new cleanser and I see that there is no makeup on the cotton pad after using toner, then I dont use toner the next time. It really just depends.

AM:

- Cleanse with Anthony Logistics Glycolic Cleanser (love this; it's so gentle) and sometimes Clarisonic

- Apply SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic serum

- Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream

- La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Fluide Extrème SPF 50/PPD 38

- I don't always use moisturizer -- but if I do, it's the Fresh version below

PM:

- Cleanse with Clarisonic + Anthony Logistics Glycolic cleanser

- Retin-A Micro

- Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream

- Fresh Youth Preserve Cream all over + neck

Smiley Happy

Do you use your clarasonic everyday? or just morning sometime, or night, or both?

I do use it every day, yes, but right now I use it only at night. I had been using it twice a day, but I've scaled back (for no real reason -- I wasn't having any issues, but I realized my skin was just as fine in the morning with cleanser). Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Day:

- wash/wipe face with damp towel.

- moisturizer with SPF

- lip balm with SPF

Night:
- (Make up remover if I wore make up, oil cleanser if I plan to use a harsh treatment.)
- (mask, peel or scrubs 2x a week.)
- cleanser
- toner
- serum
- eye cream
- moisturizer
- lip balm

That's that. The reason why I didn't state any product is that I'm a skincare junkie and almost never use the samething twice (right now I have 20+ moisturizers). I put comparable products together and switch for warm/cold weathers etc. =X

wow! I get stuck to one if i really like a product, and possibly will continue to buy the same one.. until they discontinue it.. or until i get tired of it! And since I live in Florida, weather, luckily, really doesnt make a difference!!

I have products I like, but very few I love (ex. my favorite cleansers are PTR anti-aging, Clarins Gentle foaming, Origins Checks and Balances, and Boscia purifying. Whichever one I use depends on what promo/kits is going on. Otherwise really no preference).

Day:

-Wash with Omorovicza Foaming Cleanser using the Sephora silicone exfoliating pad

-Tone with Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist

-Moisturize with Marula Oil

Night:

-Wash with SK-II Oil Cleansing Treatment

-Tone with omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist

-Moisturize with Maracuja oil, run some over my scalp as well

-Maracuja oil based eye cream

-Lock moisture for the night with Fresh Lotus Preserve

I'm trying to keep it simple and it seems to be working, wish I could use the lotus stuff twice a day, but I look overly dewy if I do during this time of year. Smiley Tongue

On your scalp to moisturize it? Doesn't your hair get oily?

Day: 

Cleanse with Laneige Pore Minimizing Facial Wash and facial brush

Tone with Murad C-toner

Moisturize with Isa Knox White/Brightening Emulsion

Night:

Remove makeup with wipes or remover if I use makeup

Cleanse with Laneige Pore Facial Wash and facial brush

Tone with Murad c-toner

(My Beauty Diary mask 1-2x a week, Laneige water-based sleep mask every other day *not on days with MBD mask*)

(If I use sleeping mask, I don't do anything else, but if i use MBD Diary mask, I'll follow up with emulsion)

Pore cleaning serum on trouble areas when needed

*I also like using a clay mask occasionally to shrink pores/draw oil* 

I find that my skin is generally clear, but I have really stubborn blackheads that just won't fade. My occasional acne/pimples also last forever and is super blemish-prone. So I try to use Asian-based skincare because it is more fit for my genetics. Although, the general layout is the same and Asian-based skincare lines are very gentle on the skin. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats