Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

What is the most hydrating eye cream?

I'm dry, like so dry. I have peeling rough skin around my eyes. Please help.

Tags:

Re: What is the most hydrating eye cream?

Heyy @IamtheMallory! I use the: Eye Cream - Eye Cream for Dark Circles and Puffiness, Under Eye Cream, Anti Aging Eye Cream Reduce Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Rosehip and Hibiscus Botanicals but if you're interested you could try out this new tool called Midori, it gives you a list of great products and alerts you all the toxic ingredients, maybe you can find what you're looking for through this tool 🙂 

@IamtheMallory  Do you already use a hydrating serum on the rest of your face? I recommend using it around your eyes as well, unless it contains a high % of an AHA (glycolic acid, lactic acid, etc.). I always do this for my mostly-dry combo skin because my undereyes are the driest part of my face. 

Consider these steps for your eye area: 

1. Tap a little water around your eyes to get that skin damp. 
  2. Apply a hydrating serum, perhaps one that contains humectants like hyaluronic acid, sodium PCA, polyglutamic acid (PGA), honey extract, etc. A couple that are safe to use around the eyes are The Ordinary "Buffet" 1 oz/ 30 mL (I use it most mornings all around my eyes and on the rest of my face) and It's Skin Power 10 Li Effector (I use it every night on my entire face). Whichever serum you choose, let it sit for a couple minutes to sink into your skin. 
  3. Tap a little more water around your eyes for extra hydration. 
  4. Immediately apply a very occlusive moisturizer—something that'll seal in that hydration and prevent moisture loss. Petrolatum is the most occlusive moisturizing skincare ingredient available, so consider using a petrolatum-based balm like CeraVe Healing Ointment or Aquaphor Ointment. (If your skin's sensitive to lanolin, skip Aquaphor and try CeraVe instead.) You can even use plain ol' Vaseline or another brand of petroleum jelly. Contrary to popular belief, petrolatum doesn't clog pores. It does act as a protective barrier over your damaged (rough and peeling) skin while it heals. You only need a thin layer to do the job. 

You can even skip steps 2 and 3 if you'd rather not fuss with a hydrating serum. Just get your skin damp and immediately apply moisturizer. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing