Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

What foundations do you recommend for dry problematic skin❓

Or any setting powders and sprays.

Re: What foundations do you recommend for dry problematic skin❓

It's not exactly a foundation, more like something to mix into your foundation. La Mer's oil is perfect to mix in with the majority of liquid foundations; it hydrates, soothes, and makes the foundation look more natural. I have sensitive (actual allergic reactions) skin and anything from the weather, to makeup ingredients, to not drinking enough water, is enough to set my face off. Since I started mixing La Mer oil into my foundation (5 months ago), my skin has gotten permanently better and less prone to dryness and sensitivity. It's expensive, but it works, and all you need is a few drops a day.

I think you would love the Josie Maran Vibrancy foundation. It is very smooth and moisturizing yet doesn't make me look greasy as long as I set it with a power like the Cover Fx setting powder or Laura Mercier loose translucent powder.

RE: What foundations do you recommend for dry problematic skin❓

I use tarte Amazonian clay for my dry skin. I also start with an oil based product to moisturize my skin.

My favourite option for foundation is tarte's Amazonian Clay BB tinted moisturizer (as I'm writing this, it's out of stock on the Sephora website). It's not really a foundation, it's more of a BB cream, but if you're looking for light coverage, it's amazing. If you want full coverage, I recommend tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation. I love them both and I always go back to them. Of course, even if they work really well for my dry skin, I still think it's really important to use a good moisturizer. I hope you find something that works well with your skin!

FullSizeRender.jpg

RE: What foundations do you recommend for dry problematic skin❓

I don't use foundation. If I do it's UD Powder foundation. I use a tinted moisturizer and a tinted bb cream~ Dr. Jart in the gold tube is great. I prime with FAB coconut smoothie moisturizing primer . I use the ID POWDER FOUNDATION almost as a highlighter. Under my eyes and down my nose and brow bone. And honestly it's enough for me. The less I cake on the less dried out my skin gets. And moisturizers with tint and BB cream are treating your skin while you're wearing them!!! Best part of all!!!!

I use Giorgio Armani's foundation and apply with my Tarte foundation brush or damp beauty blender after applying Becca's primer and it does so well on my dry and sensitive skin. None of these products draw attention to dry patches and really make my skin look dewy and nourished.

I have very dry and patchy skin, I almost always mix my makeup forever foundation with my laura mercier tinted moisturizer, it doesn't mess with the coverage and it truly helps get ride of the patches during the day. I also try not to cake on powder on my dry patches, because it makes them more noticeable. I hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
testing