Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Dry Skin

VERY dry skin and flaking skin - also VERY sensitive skin - NEED HELP!

VERY dry and flaking skin - also VERY sensitive, so any anti-aging products burn and my skin feels like it is on fire (gets red and blotchy and burns). Amy trying Argon Oil twice a day and even that is NOT helping my dry and flaking facial skin - it remains just as dry. Any suggestions for products for extremely dry, yet sensitive facial skin?

I have the same type of skin, and it's so hard to find th...

I have the same type of skin, and it's so hard to find things that work. I know exactly what you are talking about with the burning feeling, when that happens to me, I run to the freezer! I will tell you, I have had to work to find products I like, and there has been some burning along the way. I have always really liked products from Mario Badescu- www.mariobadescu.com and also organic products, like from Whole Foods or another granola type place. Also, you may want to actually consider cutting back on the amount of washing and product application you do, as sometimes everything just makes it worse. If you can, take a weekend without makeup, drink a ton of water, and try to get your skin back in balance before switching routines. Try washing only twice a day, morning and night, and using only a gentle soap and tepid water. Also- sometimes I find that good plain aloe vera gel works well for my moisturizer! It isn't fancy, but it doesn't sting!!

Hope this helps!

Hi, My skin is also sensitive, and after a few days of sk...

Hi,

My skin is also sensitive, and after a few days of skiing, my cheeks and chin will be raw, red, and painful.  You're probably not going to get what you need in only the argan oil (which I also have).  I agree that it is not enough when your skin needs repair.  I think it's really important to have a good cleanser and moisturize twice a day.  I used to use a soy face cleanser from Bath & Body Works, but they discontinued it.  I just ordered the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, and I can let you know how I like it if you want. 

Soy Face Cleanser

I also use DDF Oil Free Moisturizing Dew SPF 15 every morning.  At night, I am currently using Nutriganics from The Body Shop.  I would try their Vitamin E line.  It is so gentle.  I also have and LOVE First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.  

Ultra Repair Cream

It is the only thing that has ever repaired my skin.  Unfortunately, when my skin gets really raw, the cream stings because it has menthol in it.  It's worth it to me because it actually works and heals my skin.  If I don't let it get to that raw point (which is impossible sometimes after even a day of skiing), the FAB cream doesn't sting and is just, well, fabulous.  I'd also recommend a good moisturizing mask.  Korres is another great brand for sensitive skin, and their Yogurt moisturizer is so great.

Yogurt Cream

I know how frustrating sensitive skin can be.  I think the best advice I have is to stick with the more natural products and avoid products heavy on chemicals.  Sephora makes it really easy to shop for more natural skin care.  Between them and The Body Shop, I hope you can find something that helps.

What is your current skincare routine for both day and ni...

What is your current skincare routine for both day and night?  How often do you exfoliate?  What water temperature are you using to wash your face with? 

First things first; Do not exfoliate more than twice a week.  Otherwise, it will be a constant battle with flaking and raw feeling skin.  Also do not try to wash your face in/with scalding hot water. 

If everything under the sun is irritating your skin, it would be wise to see a dermatologist and see if it is a certain skin condition.  Take a copy of the ingredients from every product you use with you as well. 

Look at the ingredients of the products you are currently using and see if there is a common irritant amongst them. 

In the meantime, try to keep a well rounded diet (fiber, omega 3s) and stay hydrated.  No product is going to miraculously help dry skin if it is always dehydrated. 

Look for a cleanser that has a milky texture to it.  These should be more gentle and not cause a burning sensation (unless the skin is currently raw and burned feeling before using the product).  The facial cleansers from Skyn Iceland are great for sensitive skin.  Either the Glacial Face Wash (found at Skyn Iceland's official site), or the Pure Cloud Cleanser would be great items to look into. 

When it comes to other skincare products, try to find brands or products that contain no synthetic fragrances to them.

Hope that helps. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors