Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

The ordinary products

Hi beauties!! 💛 I have dry skin and was looking to try a couple new products but wanted to hear some opinions first. I am interested in trying a couple things from the ordinary brand. I really like how affordable they are! Specifically their moisturizer, toner, and aha/bha peeling solution. What do you guys think? What are your fave products from the ordinary? Thank you!!

RE: The ordinary products

I love The Ordinary! ❤️ I have eczema and have found that there are quite a few products in their lineup that work for my skin. I really like the Matrixyl, Argireline, and EUK serums, and have also used the Squalane, B Oil, Hyaluronic acid, AHA/ BHA peel, Azelaic acid, and Salicylic acid. (I can’t really use the peel or the salicylic/Azelaic acids in the winter. And, full disclosure, the peel isn’t something to EVER apply to compromised skin! But when my moisture barrier is healthy enough for it, I do use it once a month or so!) The only real drawback with The Ordinary is that there’s typically just one active in each formula, as opposed to a cocktail of effective ingredients. So you might need to layer or use a series of serums in your routine to cover all your bases, so to speak.

RE: The ordinary products

Sounds amazing!! Thank you

Re: The ordinary products

Hi @kait1908 ! I have a bottle of The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL but haven’t tried it yet because honestly, 30% AHA scares me. 😂😬 (I use another brand’s 10% AHA leave-on exfoliant 1-3x a week.) That product is something I’d use only once a week, or once every 2 weeks, since I also use retinol every other night. If your skin’s not already used to an AHA exfoliant, you might want to start with something less potent than 30%. 

My favorite TO product is THE ORDINARY - Buffet. It’s a big dose of peptides, plus it contains my skin’s favorite humectant, hyaluronic acid. This winter, my favorite way to use Buffet is to give it 2-3 minutes to sink into my skin and then spritz a hydrating mist over it immediately before applying my moisturizer. 

I also have The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL which is very moisturizing but also very viscous: a single drop goes a long way, and it can swamp my oily zone if I’m not extra light-handed with it. But it’s quite nice on dry skin.  

RE: Re: The ordinary products

Sounds awesome. Thanks so much!!!
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing