Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

The Ordinary's Vitamin C 23% + HA spheres causing rashes?

I am using the Ordinary's Vitamin C 23© + HA spheres every alternate night. I have dry skin.

After a week, I am seeing a major rash + redness on the folds of my neck and it's super itchy as well. I am not sure if it's a reaction to vit C or some type of contact dermatitis.

My skin is not sensitive at all and I have never reacted to anything this way (except Neutrogena products). I read that Vit C makes dry skin worse and that this concentration is quite high. I can switch to a lower concentration but I am not sure what's causing the rash.

Re: The Ordinary's Vitamin C 23% + HA spheres causing rashes?

@HS1989  You are probably allergic to the form of vitamin C in this product or any other ingredient. I have oily not sensitive skin but anytime I accidentally use a product with Ascorbic Acid, my face gets red rashes, itching and swelling. This type of allergic reactions can develop suddenly so even if in past you were able to use a certain ingredient without any problem, you can still become allergic to it.

Re: The Ordinary's Vitamin C 23% + HA spheres causing rashes?

Yes could be..I have never had a reaction to other vit C products though..I'll try something else, thanks 🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing