Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Tatcha violet c vs drunk elephant C Firma

Does anyone feel that one product is better than another? Currently using mostly Tatcha products. I have dry skin but large pores.  Very fine lines under the eyes. No real sun damage or spots on the face. 

Age 51

Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Fresh Vitamin-C Day Serum .94 oz/ 28 mL 

OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright 15% Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL 

Re: Tatcha violet c vs drunk elephant C Firma

Oh these, I prefer the Drunk Elephant because I like to use my vitamin c everyday and my dry skin can't handle the acids in the Tatcha everyday @mags1018 

@mags1018  I’ve used them all as well. The ole broke me out in a rash. The DE I used for a long time and found after awhile I wasn’t noticing any changes in my skin. The tatcha has a great consistency and it made a huge difference in my skin. My only recommendation is with the tatcha watch how many aha you are using. It’s easy to apply tooo many acids and break your skin barrier down. 

@mags1018 I have used all three and personally prefer the Tatcha. The DE has a sticky texture and very strong smell which makes it unbearable for me to use, it never fully absorbs and even stains my towels the next day, and it goes bad very quickly. The OH, I saw no difference after months of use so I think it worked well as a gateway vitamin c product if your skin isn’t used to the ingredient yet. The texture was much like a regular hydrating serum, but I will say it has a strong artificial citrus scent. The Tatcha I have used for about 3 months now and I have seen a dramatic difference in my skin texture and hyperpigmentation. Plus, the texture of the Tatcha serum is a dream, it’s a watery serum with a pleasant scent that absorbs quickly. Because the Tatcha has AHAs you should be careful of combining it with other acids. I use it at night for this reason.  

@mags1018 I can't speak to the Tatcha or OH but the DE pilled a lot on my skin. I liked the Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum though, it absorbed very quickly and you can layer something else on top easily.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing