Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Super Dry Skin and Lips

Hello all how is the day going for you? Hope all is well I am writing today to get some advice on how to deal with my severely dry skin and lips. I suffer from a condition called Ehlers Danlos syndrome or EDS which had caused me over the years to develop all kinds of fun skin problems dry skin being the worst,  my skin gets so dry I literally have to take a sharp  needle and run it down the front of my nose splitting the deaf skin in half then pulling off each half and the entire nose will come off. I mean the skin of course,  lol . I have tried so many products over the years but I have purchased a Elemis lime and ginger salt scrub and even though this is a no no it worked pretty good on me but I used it while on vacation staying at a hotel where they soften the water which helps tremendously and used it as my face wash for a good 9 days and so far so good I just switched to Laneige Cream Silk Milk Oil Cleanser and just started that last night and will continue to update.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if anyone else out there has EDS step up my fellow zebras and share the skin struggles we face on a daily basis.  You all have a wonderful rest of the day stay blessed 

Re: Super Dry Skin and Lips

@fancypants305  I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles.  My skin is not as severely dry as yours, but I can share a few ideas/products that help me.

For my lips, I have an old favorite and a new favorite:  fresh Sugar Hydrating Lip Balm Mango (this balm comes in different scents.)  It's thick, and  I use it at night and in the morning and it does a pretty good job keeping my lips from cracking.

Recently I was kindly gifted #Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask 0.32 oz/ 9g from Sephora.  It is really, really good.  Very moisturizing, and not much of a scent.  I use this under the Fresh Sugar Lip Balm.

If you are looking for a lip scrub, Sephora also gifted me the Bite Beauty Agave+ Weekly Vegan Lip Scrub 0.7 oz/ 20 g .  I was pleasantly surprised that this scrub did help remove the dry skin without hurting, and it also left my lips very moisturized.  It also has a very yummy natural vanilla scent.

I'm not surprised the Elemis did well for you as salt is a skin softener.  You might do well with the Skinfix line.  It's geared for dry and problem skin.  I have the Skinfix Eczema+ Foaming Oil Body Wash 12.5 oz/ 370 mL  in my shower rotation.  I also found a French product, Bioderma Atoderm Shower Gel, that has a high level of glycerin that is a very soothing and gentle.  Bioderma's site can direct you to points of sale if you're interested.

I also picked up a great tip from someone here on BIC regarding layering skin products.  I use Biossance 100% Sugarcane Squalane Oil for several reasons, one being to layer it under a hand/body cream to add extra moisture.  It can also be used on the eyelid area, where most creams, etc. aren't supposed to be used.  It really does help to plump up the skin.

We have many members here who are more knowledgeable about skincare than I, so hopefully they will pop on and give you even more help.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing