Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Sticky Tacky Moisturizer

What is causing moisturizer to be sticky and tacky on my face? It's super uncomfortable!

Re: Sticky Tacky Moisturizer

What do you use before moisturizer? Any toner, essence, serums, oils, etc.? Another product might be causing the stickiness, especially if it hasn’t had time to fully absorb into your skin before you apply moisturizer. 

Or you might be applying too much moisturizer. How much do you apply at a time? 

@WinglessOne I apply it in morning and night. nothing els...

@WinglessOne I apply it in morning and night. nothing else. and I don't use an extreme amount

Re: Sticky Tacky Moisturizer

@Marrrryyyyy 

What moisturizer are you using?

@gonerogue I have tried, Dr. Jart water burst or whatever...

@gonerogue I have tried, Dr. Jart water burst or whatever it's called. Clinique Moisture Surge (not as bad as Jart one.) I've tried belief aqua bomb I think it's called. There are a few more but I will check tonight

Re: @gonerogue I have tried, Dr. Jart water burst or whatever...

@Marrrryyyyy 

Are you working it into your skin and letting it sit for a while to dry down? I’ve tried the Clinique and Belif moisturizers and they don’t feel tacky on my skin after its dried down.

@gonerogue  Yes. I'm not dissing the products at all. I LOVE clinique. But for some reason the stuff feels sticky on my skin hours later still. I am trying to find one that doesn't  / what causes it to be sticky/tacky. 

@Marrrryyyyy 

Ive been using Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL

lately and don’t find it makes my face sticky. It’s a gel like moisturizer so it’s not as thick as cream moisturizers. I recommend you check it out next time you visit your local store so you can see if it works better for you.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing