Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Starting Accutane and I need suggestions in the best hydrating products!!!

Hi all!! I’m starting accutane in about a month!! I want to be fully prepared for dryyyyy skin! I’ve been on acne medications that have dried me out so I know accutane will make me really dry!! Let’s moisturizing products and makeup suggestion would be amazing!! Thanks for all your help!!! It means a lot!!

Re: Starting Accutane and I need suggestions in the best hydrating products!!!

Hello I’m also on Accutane, I’m on my second round. I have found these products Have help greatly with my dry skin. 

1. Albolene- You can find it at any drugstore. This jem will remove all of your make-up including waterproof makeup without stripping the moisture of off your face. You can leave it as is to retain moisture on your face, but if you feel like you need to wash it, what i use in the morning is Murad Renewing cleansing cream. It’s a great cleanser for dry, sensitive skin.

2. (2-3 times a week) Try philosophy purity made simple pore extractor mask it’ll leave your skin super soft, and it will get rid of all the roughness on your skin from the dead skin cells. This works for me especially around my nose where I have blackheads constantly coming out, and it feels rough and gross. Once I use it, it automatically gets rid of all the blackheads, and makes my face especially my nose, smooth again. 

3. To moisturize i use Clinique turn around overnight revitalizing moisturizer with a few drops of Drunk Elephant Marula oil. I find that this mixture helps retain moisture on my face.

*For lips the best is BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask. It’s thick but it works WONDERS your lips will stay hydrated for hours; you won’t have to worry about reapplying. It also tastes delicious!

Hey there! I'm currently on my second month of Accutane. I have insanely dry and dehydrated skin at the moment, but this skincare routine has been marvelous:

AM Routine:

• CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
• Hada Labo Hyaluronic Acid Lotion (on days where my skin feels particularly thirsty)

FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair® Hydrating Serum 

Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g

• ROHTO Aqua Skin Super Moisture Milk SPF50+/PA++++

PM Routine:

• Heimish All-Clean Balm

• CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
• LJH Vita Propolis Ampoule

FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair® Hydrating Serum 

Acure Organic Cold-Pressed Rosehip Oil (The Ordinary has a similar product at the same price).

• First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g

• Paula's Choice Ultra-Rich Moisturizer (on nights when my skin feels particularly compromised).

• Vaseline (the corners of my nose, around my mouth, and on any dry patches).

Lip Products:

• Dr. Dan's Cortibalm

• Aquaphor (just straight up Aquaphor, not the lip balm version).

• BITE BEAUTY - Agave Lip Mask

Makeup (NOTE: Makeup is really hard on Accutane. Even the texture of your skin changes so that base makeup doesn't want to stick to it. I still haven't found the perfect products yet, but this is what has worked best for me so far.)

• TARTE - Radiance Drops - Rainforest of the Sea™ Collection

• TARTE - Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Rainforest of the Sea™ Collection

• Mac Prime & Fix +

Let me know if you have any more questions about Accutane! I'd be happy to answer them!

My top 3 favourite Hydrating and Moisturizing products are the Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL, DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream, and Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL. These three keep my skin from feeling and looking like the Atacama Desert 😂 They’re holy grails for me @tmboelkes

Just be careful about introducing too many new products at once; switching out one item at a time really helps to lessen the chance of a negative reaction. I’ve read so many posts about others switching their entire skincare line over to new products and the results are almost always bad because it’s too much change too quickly so the skin can have a hard time adjusting. 

Good luck with Accutane, I hope you get great results with it! ☺️

@tmboelkes

My one good friend is on Accutane, she loves the results! As for some recommendations, I would first start out with a good skin care regimen. Try to find a good basic 4-5 step routine (cleanser, toner, essence, lotion) eventually add in the other steps. 

I have extreme dry skin with redness.

At night, I use the LANEIGE - Water Sleeping Mask. Or just a regular sheet mask with aloe / moisture on the label. 

I use two moisturizer. DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Creamfor trouble spots only. This is a very intense cream. I don't recommend people to use this all over the face. As for a good general moisturizer, BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb. ** cream is the way to go for dry skin vs. gel.

A good foundation for dry skin is YVES SAINT LAURENT - TOUCHE ECLAT LE TEINT Radiance Awakening Foundation SPF 22. I also, like Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation 8.75

Hope this helps! 

Hi @tmboelkes! I used to take Accutane as well! I wish this product was around when I was on it, but I would look into trying the BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing BombIt's very hydrating, and it does not irritate the skin either.  I would also look into maybe a hydrating toner.  When you're on Accutane, I feel like there's never anything that is too hydrating.  For the toner I would try either the fresh Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 mLor the LANEIGE Fresh Calming Toner🙂  I hope this helps! 

Cheers! 

Kevin

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing