Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Started Accutane, what’s a foundation for EXTREMELY dry skin?

I just started accutane a few months ago but just recently my dosage went up so now my skin is so so so dry. I’ve always had really oily skin and this is a whole new world for me. Before i put on foundation I use a moisturizer and Too faced’s hangover primer. But, I’ve bought a few foundations that claim to be for dry skin such as Too Faced born this way and Fit me dewy foundation, and even those are too drying. I have no idea what to get, any suggestions?

Re: Started Accutane, what’s a foundation for EXTREMELY dry skin?

I went through the same treatment a few years ago. While I can't recommend I particular product, I can definitely advise you to use a lightweight foundation. Anything heavy is just going to settle into your flaky patches and dry your skin out throughout the day. A tinted moisturizer might be a good choice or a foundation made for dry skin. 

I found it helpful to focus more on skincare. I liked cleansing with First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL and following that with the FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration. A more affordable brand would be CeraVe. Then, if you need hydration throughout the day, even over your makeup, you could try a facial spray like MARIO BADESCU - Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater.

Good luck on your treatment! I promise it's worth all the trouble! 

RE: Re: Started Accutane, what’s a foundation for EXTREMELY dry skin?

Thank you!! I will definitely look into those!!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing