Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Skincare

I am looking for good products that to not make me break out!!I am also looking for a lip mask that makes me not have chapped lips.

Re: Skincare

@Preppy677 I love LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C it is a great product  even for winter dry lips.  A great product as a great price is SEPHORA COLLECTION Nourishing Lip Sleeping Mask in Cherry + Vanilla ,. I buy this one more often as it is budget friendly if you use a lip mask every night.

I did recently order LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Pink Lemonade Swirl Pink Lemonade Swirl .  Waiting for it to use it arrive.  I am intrigued by the flavor.

@Preppy677  A few questions for you: 

1. Are you looking for skincare or makeup products? 
  2. Is your skin acne-prone? 
  3. Do you have any skin issues or goals, besides not wanting things to break you out? Examples: excessively dry and flaky skin, hyperpigmentation (dark marks/patches), etc. 
  4. What’s your budget/price cap? 
  5. What is your current skincare routine (brands + product names)? 

Your answers will help us make recommendations. 🙂 

Quick note about breakouts: 

Spoiler
Breakouts happen for different reasons, including:

- True acne (clogged pores)
- Milia (keratin trapped under skin)
- Folliculitis (infected hair follicles)
- Pityrosporum folliculitis (aka “fungal acne,” yeast overgrowth in hair follicles)

Could also be your skin reacting badly to something in a product that touches your face. This includes hand creams: my face hates all forms of lavender, and if I rest my face on my hand while wearing a hand cream containing lavender, I’ll get an angry red rash on my face. 

Or it could be a skin condition that mimics acne, like rosacea. These are things a board certified dermatologist or primary care doctor should diagnose for you. Knowing the root cause of your breakouts will help you avoid products that can’t treat them. 

The lip mask question is easier for me to answer right now. The most occlusive (water loss preventing) topical skincare ingredient is petrolatum. I always apply a petrolatum-based balm to my damp lips. My favorite is Aquaphor Ointment—not the version specifically marketed as lip balm or the “rescue” stick, just the plain ol’ ointment that comes in jars and tubes. If your skin’s sensitive to lanolin, avoid Aquaphor and consider CeraVe Healing Ointment instead. Vaseline also works, of course. The trick is to make sure your lips are damp (with water, not saliva) before you apply a balm. 

Hi @Preppy677. What are you currently using? You might not need to replace everything. It could one or two comedogenic ingredients hiding in your current routine.

I like SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hyaluronic Acid Hydrator Moisturizer. Hyaluronic acid is non-comedogenic and shouldn’t make you break out. If you need more hydration, you can add The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL underneath.

As for lip masks, I’m currently using one from COSRX. My lips are the best they’ve ever felt and haven’t been flakey in a while. A good lip balm that also helped was Blistex Deep Moisture Renewal. You can also check out Bomb Lip Balms! for more suggestions. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing