Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Skin care and full coverage makeup for dry patches

Needing some advice for my pain in the a** skin! hah.. So I have had oily acne prone skin my entire life and after years found what works for me.. but out of no where my skin changed and I still get break outs and have some oily areas but I also get very random areas of dryness. Not just the regular dry skin though. It is big patches of peeling, scabbing skin that lasts for months. I'm not sure why this started happening. 😞 I completely changed everything in my routine and I'm constantly using lotions, creams, masks and oils trying to help. I think my hormone imbalance may be to blame for this problem since there's no other explanation..so maybe nothing externally will help but I'm willing to try anything at this point lol. I'm also looking for a new foundation. I need full coverage. I usually use matte but the one i am using seems to make the dry spots really stand out. I'm open to trying different finishes besides matte but I don't want anything too luminous or dewy since the rest of my skin does still get oily. I need the staying power of matte, something full coverage that wont make the dry patches stand out. Any advice or suggestions for any skin care and makeup is appreciated!

Re: Skin care and full coverage makeup for dry patches

Try adding a few drops of any beauty oil (I use tarte Maracuja Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

to your long wear foundation if you still find it sticks to dry patches. Straight into the bottle I add about 6 drops and shake up my foundation really good. I don’t find it affects the coverage or staying power, it just helps it glide on. I use Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W4 Hazel

@cj678076 

Re: Skin care and full coverage makeup for dry patches

I have been been adding oil to my dry spots but that is a great idea to just add it to the foundation! Thank you! Have you tried the Makeup For ever foundation? I always wanted to try that one too but I get nervous buying more expensive foundations in case they make my face look worse

RE: Skin care and full coverage makeup for dry patches

I have the same problem with my skin! I found that the ordinary brand has some great products that help. The ones with hyaluronic works the best on my dry patches and I usually layer 1 or 2 serums on my face and then I use their lotion on top of that. I also started taking Ollys vitamins that I bought at target for skin (vibrant skin and flawless complexion) and I noticed a big improvement just from that. I also found that some of my face wash products were not helping. I switched to a face wash that was a little less harsh with chemicals and I also use the tacha cleanser a couple times a week

Re: RE: Skin care and full coverage makeup for dry patches

Im already using hyaluronic acid, oils and lotion and cream on top of that. I also switched to a new gentle face wash and only use it once a day now instead of twice so i dont dry it out more.. nothing seems to be working lol. I will definitely try those vitamins though. Do you take both every day?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing