cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Skin Routine help

I have both oily and dry skin with visible pores. I've never done anything to my face like deep cleaning, moisturizing, etc. I've recently noticed that my pores are very big and I'm not liking it one bit. What can help with pores and keep my skin looking good?

Re: Skin Routine help

Hello!

First of all a cleanser, you might have combination skin (like I do) and every cleanser feels either drying or greasy, these both work well on me:

-Paula’s choice Resist cleanser or Fresh soy face cleanser.

-Toner: any hydrating toner will help you, like Dr Jart liquid toner or purito green toner 

-BHA: Paula’s choice 2% lotion (this will help you cleanse the pore, I use it every night, but if your skin can handle it you can use it twice a day)

-Niacinamide: I love Paula’s choice 10% booster, but if you’re on a budget, the one from the ordinary is nice too (it minimize the appearance of large pores but it needs 4-6 weeks) 

-You might not need a serum, but if you want to add more moisture into your skin the iUnik tea tree relief serum works really nice.

*Krave beauty has a barrier relief serum, I haven’t try it wet, but it seems to work really nicely.

-Moisturizer: Klairs midnight blue calming cream or the body shop aloe moisturizer (keeping you skin moist will help rebalance your skin barrier, so it will help prevent oiliness too)

-SPF: The most important part, Paula’s choice youth extending daily hydrating fluid spf 50 is so nice, it absorbs really quick 

Hope this may help you 🧡

Re: Skin Routine help

I would recommend a low percentage retinol. Start off really slow though and work your way up to using it three times per week.   I started with the Paula Choice 1% Retinol. You can also buffer it when first starting out by applying over your moisturizer. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing