Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
Anonymous Insider

Skin Care

My skin is normally dry but lately I have been getting dry patches on my face & it’s so obvious when I put makeup on which really bothers me, I don’t have a skin care routine but would like to start one. Any recommendations on what to start with?

RE: Skin Care

Hi @Anonymous. I was having a similar issue due to using Tretinoin. A poster had mentioned that she used her Clarisonic with her daily face wash. I don’t have a Clarisonic, but I do have a Foreo Luna, and I use this daily now in conjunction with a gentle yet moisturizing face wash, such as the Korres Greek Yoghurt foaming cleanser. If you don’t own a Clarisonic or a Foreo Luna, I highly recommend the Foreo Luna. I find it to be gentle on the skin yet slightly exfoliating at the same time. It leaves my skin really smooth. As far as some other products that help, I use a hydrating essence, a moisturizing serum at night (my favorite is the Josie Maran Argan milk), moisturizer (I alternate but I am currently using The Ordinary’s moisturizer plus HA, which is very affordable, and at night I use a facial oil, either Josie Maran’s Argan reserve oil or The Ordinary’s rose hip oil. Other posters seem to swear by The Ordinary’s hyaluronic acid serum for added moisture. It also helps to use an exfoliator one or twice a week as well as a good moisturizing mask. All of the products that I mentioned above have helped to eliminate dry, patchy skin.
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing