Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Simple routine for dry and red skin

Help! I’m so tired of spending money on new products. I want to use a maximum of 3 products (with am and pm combined). I have dry skin with redness in the chin area and sides of my nose. I’m 32 and also want to start fighting wrinkles. Pls heeelp with recs! I’m thinking a moisturizer (obvi), gentle retinol treatment, and something for the redness??

Re: Simple routine for dry and red skin

I would recommend you not to use retinol. It's so aggressive component, and it will be better if you'll talk about it with your dermatologist.

Just turned 30, had to switch up my routine recently too!  

Still trying to find the perfect cleanser but I like the Tower 28 SOS facial spray for redness and patchy skin, the peace out retinol sticks (so easy to apply) and the SkinFix Moisturizer.  Skinfix has refills as well so you save $10 on repurchase. 

I'm super crazy about moisturizers! Ren Evercalm balm is another holy grail that I turn to in the winter or when I really need something.  

I know Dr. Jart has the Cicarepair line and maybe you can find a moisturizer that also targets and corrects? However, I really like this ceramide mask from Purito (even though it's not sold at Sephora) and for starting off retinol I would say start with any of The Ordinary's options, they are super affordable and get the job done. Just remember to wear sunscreen!

The simple routine for dry skin to used the lotion for yoru diry skin after taking bath or after washing your face ..

Yes it is good to have routine of your daily take caring of skin ..

I'm assuming the 3 recommendations are inclusive of an SPF that you're already using? Besides a nighttime retinol, using sunscreen will help combat other skin conditions unless they're medically related.

My recommendations for dry skin, from a mid 20s girl with super dry skin:

Moisturizer -  Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

Retinol - Sunday Riley Luna Retinol Sleeping Night Oil 

Vitamin C Serum - Summer Fridays CC Me Vitamin C + Niacinamide Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL 

Also! Just figured I'd mention Caudalie's Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum . It's a gorgeous formula and it doesn't get a lot of recognition.

Do you need a face wash? My absolute must is the fresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser , it doesn't feel like it's stripping my face of oils and it completely removes a full face of makeup with the addition of either Clé de Peau Beauté Cotton 120 Sheets or Shiseido Super-Soft, 100% Natural Facial Cotton 40 sheets.

Good luck with your search!

**I forgot to add, for redness specifically; I know Dr. Jart products are incredibly recommended and I do think they're worth trying out. I'd suggest sampling the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Redness Rescue Kit or anything from their Cica-line.

Very nice to see such a useful products for the skin ...

Thank you very much!!

$99 Bioelements, 3 piece kit (green). I suffered with nightmare dry like the desert skin. My skin is moist, healthy, less red and no fpakes...just completely hydrating. The toner is amazing. 

ok - wow!! Thank you for suggesting this! I was so intrigued by their website and the price point that I immediately ordered a starter set. I got the sensitive skin rather than dry skin one. Just tried the products for the first time and my skin feels amazing. This is just the type of set I’ve been looking for - simple effect and affordable, and I feel hopeful! Thanks so much! 

@Leighlivie  What are you using now/ what have you tried? Where is the redness coming from? Skin condition? Blemishes? For retinol I really like The INKEY List Retinol Anti-Aging Serum  or The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane, Signs of Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL depending on the constancy you prefer. Both have been gentle on my skin although I do suggest to slowly add it in. Don’t try and use it daily from the beginning. My favourite moisturizer right now is definitely Summer Fridays Mini Cloud Dew Oil-Free Gel Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL i like the oil free and it’s so light on the skin. I have dry skin and it drinks this right up. Depending on where your redness comes from I find that Summer Fridays CC Me Vitamin C + Niacinamide Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL  has really helped me even out my skin tone. It gives me such an amazing glow!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing