Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Severe dry skin gal desperately looking for a good skincare routine

I have crazy dry skin on my nose and no matter what I do it's always flaking badly every week. I exfoliate and use moisturizer 2 times a day sometimes more if it's a no makeup day. And ill admit sometimes I scrub until all the dead skin is gone leaving my nose a little raw. I can't stand the look of foundation over dead flaky skin. Sometimes I'll even skip putting foundation on my nose so it's not highlighted. I've tried so many products and nothing has been working. I started milk makeup matcha cleanser and toner and so far that seems to be ok but does anyone have the same problem and have found a holy grail product?
Anonymous Insider

RE: Severe dry skin gal desperately looking for a good skincare routine

SHEET MASKS with moisturizing and nourishing properties keep my naturally flaky coconut cake face as soft and moist as devil's food 🍰so many options out there depending on what you're willing to spend from ~$10 lux to ~$3 Korean grocery store, a lot of effective ones at every price tier

Try the Neogen Peel pads! I work at Sephora and came across these and they are LIFE. They are 27$ for a tub. I use the green tea ones because they are also good for hydration while exfoliating. You can use those three time a week or more if needed. Another product I use daily, multiple times a day, is Beauty Water by Son&Park. It's a 3 in 1. It gently exfoliates, cleanses and hydrates. And it's grey for getting residual makeup off. So you can do Beauty Water everyday and then those peel pads as needed. They were a game changer for me. Especially when my skin dried out even more when I was pregnant. Both are cost friendly and last FOREVER. I sometimes cut the peel pads in half because I find I don't need the whole pad since there is a TON of product on it. Hope this helps!

Oh my gosh I'm definitely going to try the peel pads! What scent it best? What does the water do? I'm still new to skin care routines. Do you have a favorite moisturizer? I've been trying out a sample of beliefs moisture bomb and it seems pretty good! Since you work at Sephora is the unicorn oil any good?Thank you so so much for the recommendation.

Re: Severe dry skin gal desperately looking for a good skincare routine

I have extremely dry skin and up until a few months ago I thought nothing would stop my skin from flaking, even the most highly rated exfoliators. I then started hearing about chemical exfoliants like AHA and BHA and my life has been changed! rather than using a physical element to rid the dead skin, chemical exfoliants use ingredients (such as fruit enzymes) to break down the dry layer of skin and leave soft, smooth, and hydrated skin! I have been using the Herbivore Botanicals Blue Tansy Mask and it is absolutely amazing! I have sensitive skin so I make sure to leave it on for only a short amount of time, but it still gets the job done! 

RE: Re: Severe dry skin gal desperately looking for a good skincare routine

The neogen peel pads are amazing too! And they don't break the bank either since you get a tub for 27$. I use the green tea ones maybe 2 times a week at my nighttime routine. The Beauty Water by Son&Park is also life.

Yes I totally did too! I never took care of my skin until about a year ago. I just turned 24 but this past year I tried so many different routines and nothing really worked for me. I got a bunch of recommendations from workers at Sephora and Ulta and nothing was good enough. I finally found one that is my omg holy grail can't live without it! I use the Lancôme Creme Mousse Confort cleanser for dry skin and then I follow up with the Lancôme Tonique Confort Rehydration Toner for dry skin and then put on the Estée Lauder advanced night repair and then a good moisturizer. That's at night but during the day I do the same thing I just switch out the Estée Lauder night repair for the Lancôme Genifique serum and then the Lancôme absolue premium moisturizer. I also exfoliate once a week (you shouldn't really exfoliate more than that as it can dry you out even more) with the Lancôme exfoliance Confort for dry skin. As you can tell I love Lancôme!lol. The main thing you should know is that you need something specifically for dry skin. Don't ever get something that says normal to dry or combo to dry. ONLY DRY! You need something that is going to focus on giving you hydration. This routine is a little pricey but I went on eBay and got everything for literally $40 when in the store it came out to about $130. But my skin is so amazing now! Hope this helps!! -Joelle 🙂

Hello fellow dry skin buddy ~ So I used to sleep with my makeup on every night for my teenage years before I actually had money to spend on skincare. My skin is really dry so I found a skincare routine that doesn't dry me out. First I'll cleanse my makeup with the cleaning oil from Tatcha and then I use their polishing grains to exfoliate and cleanse. Then I'll use the SK-II Toner, I don't exactly know what it does lol but it makes my skin really smooth and soft and then I finish with the Drunk Elephant moisturizer. It's a thick cream so it really hydrates my skin and then I go in with Kiehl's Eye moisturizer and then I'm set and when I wake up my skin is not dry but smooth and a little plump. I also sometimes use the Watermelon Sleeping Mask and that is amazing for dry skin hydration as well.

RE: Re: Severe dry skin gal desperately looking for a good skincare routine

Thank you for sharing your routine I was the same as a teen. Now I have huge pores because of blackheads in my creases witch sucks. I wish I could go back and shake myself for not being smart with makeup. I will have to see if I can get some samples or trial sizes of what you recommend! Thank you so much

Hey there. I have dry skin and I get flaky on my nose also. I gently exfoliate with my cleanser which happens to be dandruff shampoo. I know that may kind weird but it's for reasons that have nothing to do with dry skin. I then use the farsali unicorn essence serum and follow that with either the belif moisture bomb or neutrogena hydroboost gel cream. My skin has never looked better. I had to stick with this routine for a while but I started seeing results after about a week. The key is sticking to the moisturizing routine which depending on severity you may have to do once during the day and once at night. Also make sure you're not using a drying foundation on your nose because that can make it look worse.

Thanks for the advice this might just be the push to buy the unicorn oil! I'll have to try the dandruff shampoo! That totally makes sense! I'm kinda drifting with foundation. I feel bad for returning 3 so far. Born this way by TF was awful, tarte amazon clay made me break out, urban decay did not match my skin. I bout the new peaches and cream I hope it works to shrink my pores. But I have a feeling it won't.

Just a heads up about the Tarte Amazonian clay foundation and the new peaches and cream foundation.. those are both really bad for dry skin. That make it even worse. They are very matte and matte is not good for us dry skin girls. Too bad the born this way foundation didn't work out for you. I actually really loved it!

Try using the May Goop Raw Sauce Essence and Laneige sleeping mask. They're both very hydrating and moisturizing. They both made my skin so soft and glowy in the morning. Hope this helps!

Hi @kattiecake

My HG for dry skin is definitely Consonant HydrExtreme. It's a serum that is very light, almost feels like water but really does a good job at hydrating and taking care of dry patches. It's expensive but you don't need much so the bottle will last you a while. You can apply directly on your skin or mix with your moisturizer. I've been testing some skin care and didn't use it so I would know how the products performed... well what I was testing dried out my skin and I just applied that with the rest if my routine one night and the next morning all the little dry spots were gone. I can't recommend this product enough lol. It's available at Sephora Canada. If you are in the US you can possibly still find it at Costco for a much lower price.

Also here's a great thread for dry skin. You might find some great info on there too.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Dry-Skin/Dry-Skin-Talk/m-p/2779045#M27

Belif Moisturizing* Bomb (I haven't tried the aqua bomb)...

Belif Moisturizing* Bomb (I haven't tried the aqua bomb) was a game changer for my dry skin! I use it every night and it also wears great under makeup.
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing