Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

SPF Foundations?

I need a new foundation with SPF, but it's very hard for me to find one since my dry skin makes a lot look cakey, and settle into my uneven texture. Can anyone help??

Re: SPF Foundations?

@RAWRitsRED I like the new Lóreal Age-Perfect Serum foundation, though it’s on the lighter coverage side. Like @RAWRitsRED said, a foundation is probably not enough SPF if you’re going to be outside at all. I recently started using the Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench® Hyaluronic Hydrating Moisturizer SPF 45 1.7 oz/ 50 mL under my foundation and it’s really nice and hydrating. The glow comes through even on a more matte foundation so it’s great if you have dry skin. 

Hi @KenzieMae101!

It's best to use an actual sunscreen instead of just foundation with SPF.  Studies have found that you need 15 pumps of foundation on your face for the SPF to actually be effective.  You can of course still use foundation with SPF on top.

Not sure if you've tried this, but Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is a super popular one and works well under makeup.  There's also Farmacy Green Defense Daily Mineral Sunscreen.  Both sunscreens not only protect you from UV rays, but also harmful blue light that comes from computer and phone screens.

@KenzieMae101 #NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer with beauty oil mixed in

Thank you so much!!

Thank you so much!!
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing