Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

SOS SEND HELP

Spoiler
Crazy story here. I’m an OILY skin sort of person. I moved into this rental home, I’ve been here for 1.5 years now and since the moment I’ve moved in I noticed how insanely HARD the water is. So bad my neck & chest have now become so dry itchy red burning and breaking out from it. I’ve tried so many lotions and ointments from the drs. So just wondering if there is a really good moisturizer out there for the neck/chest that will really help restore the moisturizer the water is taking from me and get my skin back to normal again!!!! (Has this happened to anyone else??)

Re: SOS SEND HELP

@sammyras Can you change the showerhead? They do make filter ones, Sephora sells the T3 version, but the local hardware store has them. Or get a jug of bottled water from the Dollar store and use that as the final rinse. Baby wash might help as well.

Aquaphor then thick lotion over it, helps when I'm extra dry. Aquaphor comes in a spray now as well,lotions like Gold Bond eczema.

Re: SOS SEND HELP

@sammyras given your situation, you may want to consider investing in a water softener or perhaps washing your face and neck with micellar water instead, your chest is trickier with showering.

You could also try incorporating Hyaluronic acid - The Ordinary have a cheap option for this - and maybe try out the Original Healing Creme from Eucerin. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing