Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Redness

All of a sudden my skin went from oily to dry and I'm only dry on my chin, nose creases and forehead where the eyebrows start.  It doesn't matter what lotion I use...I've even tried aquafor, which is extreme.  I will smother my face with it over night and all day and the skin is still cracked.  Any suggestions?

Re: Redness

I recommend the Clinique Redness relief line (as did my dermatologist).

https://www.sephora.com/product/redness-solutions-daily-relief-cream-P201440?icid2=products%20grid:p...

and

https://www.sephora.com/product/redness-solutions-instant-relief-mineral-pressed-powder-P277401?icid...

The other product line that is good is the Avene Antirougers which Sephora hasn't started carrying yet but should IMO. https://www.aveneusa.com/concerns/redness

The avene redness relief soothing creams does as it promises and it has SPF 25. It's not fancy looking in the packaging department but it wins for effectiveness

Hi @Noni162380,

I recommend looking into the DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Creamor DR. JART+ - Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Creamor DR. JART+ - Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Nightly Re.Pair Mask. I also experience redness + dryness in some areas of my face and found that these lines really helped with it! Both the lines are great for dryness + the Ciciapair line really helps with my redness! 

-Helen

Thanks so much!

The other thing I forgot to mention is in those specific areas I mentioned, my skin is bright red from scrubbing the area daily to try to get rid of flakes and dry cracks.  My skin was never like this until 6 months ago.  I was always super oily and now I have these chronic dry areas that I can't get rid of no matter what I use.  Please help

@Noni162380 the skin barrier is very compromised, spf daily too.  Don't scrub daily, it's only backfiring and causing rawness.  

What exact products are you using now and when the skin changed? Also try to think about diet, medical, life, environment changes etc to try and narrow down why.

All good points.  I've asked myself those same questions to try to figure it out.  I've been using the same products for over 15 yrs.  My diet is the same it's always been and I work out.  I really can't figure it out 

@Noni162380 I've had products that once worked backfire awhile later. It's possible  something needs to change. If you list the products, someone may have a thought. Could also speak with your doctor/dermatologist. 

Dermalogica ultracalming line is made for sensitive/sensitized skin, also has a trial kit.

I hadn't thought about my current products causing me issues after they've been great for years.  I use all Cetaphil products.  I also haven't been to the doctor yet so I probably need to see a dermatologist.  Thank you everyone 

Another option La Roche posay, the Toleriane line, which has niacinamide - supposedly helps redness. I've been using the hydrating cleanser, too early to tell on niacinamide though. Good luck.

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing