Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Recommended moisturizers for dry skin in the winter ?

I’m having a hard time finding a good moisturizer for my dry east coast winter skin, any recommendations? I am normally combination skin but more prone to the drier side than oily
Anonymous Insider

RE: Recommended moisturizers for dry skin in the winter ?

I have dry / combo redness prone skin. All I’ve really been using recently is an eye cream and Josie maran oil on my face morning and night and my face has cleared up so much and it’s so bright. To clean my face i useL’Oréal age perfect face wash, so sensitive on my skin. I’m about to buy Tatcha’s “violet C radiant mask” I’ve heard it’s good for rosacea and redness. I’ve heard vitamin C is good for redness. I had been trying to hydrate my skin by overcompensating by using too much product. Doesn’tmatter how “good” the product was it was too much for my skin. So just a light oil works perfectly. Loving my skin right now.

@geeg72 Since adding Bioessence 100%Pure Squalene Oil to...

@geeg72 Since adding Bioessence 100%Pure Squalene Oil to my skin care regime, my skin hasn't been dry once and I live in chilly Canada. I apply 1 pump morning and night before I moisturize.

RE: @geeg72 Since adding Bioessence 100%Pure Squalene Oil to...

I second this! I got the version with the vitamin c in a favorites kit and I love it - I ended up ordering the full size!

Re: Recommended moisturizers for dry skin in the winter ?

I might suggest using a hydrator and moisturizer to put some hydration back into your skin. I was having similar issues with my combination skin in the summer, but in the winter it just turns into flat out dryness. I use Olay's Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion. It is used to hydrate your skin so that when you put a moisturizer on top, it locks in everything instead of just locking in dryness.  After I apply it, I use my Simple Moisturizer and then carry on with my daily make up routine. My face has never felt so soft and hydrated. I use both twice a day (apply them every time you wash your face), and since there isn't any oils in them, it won't cause break outs! I get both of them at my local Walgreens, but you can also find them at Target or other local drug stores. If you try it, let me know if you like it!

ActiveHydrating_BeautyFluid_4floz_Carousel_1_864px_r2.jpg13904014.jpeg

The Cerave mositurizing cream is holy grail status for me...

The Cerave mositurizing cream is holy grail status for me in the winter. It costs about $15 and is packaged in a big tub. I buy mine from Target.

I switch off between 2 gel-type moisturizers, and they definitely have helped with winter weather. I have a full size of the Sunday Riley 'Tidal' that I've been using for awhile, and it's sooooooooo good. It helps even skin tone discoloration, it has a cooling effect, and it locks in whatever oils/serums I put on underneath. Recently I received a sample of the Belief Moisture Bomb, though, and holy cow. That's magical, too, and way cheaper than Tidal. To be honest, I'll probably still repurchase Tidal.

Anonymous Insider

@jenidear I really like Belif Moisture Bomb - it does wonders for my dry skin.

I’ve tried like 20-30 different moisturizers. I’m not even exaggerating!!Haha!! None of the Highend ones worked on my skin. I finally found The ponds moisturizer. It has a blue lid and you can get it at any drugstore. It’s like 7$. It’s a pretty heavy moisturizer but it’s amazing.
Anonymous Insider

Ponds moisturizer has heavy ingredients that actually clog your pores so you have to be careful when using it if you have acne prone skin. Usedto use it forever but it felt way to heavy. All I use now is Josie maran facial oil day and night and my skin has felt so much brighter and well hydrated.
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Recommended moisturizers for dry skin in the winter ?

I remember when Ponds was for old ladies!  Glad to see that they have branched out.

Yes, I remembered that my grandmother used Ponds all the time!

Anonymous Insider

haha

Anonymous Insider

@geeg72,

@juliehnguyen and @darlyndar recs for moisturizers are the 2 I would recommend.  I have combo-dry (oily T-zone and lids, and dry elsewhere), dehydrated skin and it gets more and more dry as the weather gets colder.  The Belif Moisture Bomb works really well for me for the fall and most of the winter months, both for day and night.  In the later winter months, I will go back and forth between the Belif Moisture Bomb and the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream depending on how my skin is doing, with the Dr. Jart+ cream being my go to when it gets very cold and windy outside.  Getting samples of both may help you make the final decision between the two.

I also have combination skin and I love the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream @geeg72. This moisturizer has helped restore my natural moisture barrier and I haven't had a single dry patch so far. It may seem slightly heavy when you squeeze it out of the tube but it goes on really smooth and does not make my face greasy at all.

@geeg72 Belif Moisture Surge. It’s just on way too many Holy Grail lists.
15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos3
  • ActiveHydrating_BeautyFluid_4floz_Carousel_1_864px_r2.jpg
  • 13904014.jpeg
testing