Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Really in need of reccomendations!!

I'm in serious need of recommendations for moisturizers & night creams for my extremely dehydrated skin! By the end of the day, my skin is incredibly taunt and uncomfortable because it gets so dry, and the same thing when I wake up in the morning. I used to have oily skin, so I try to stick to products either water-based or hyaluronic-acid-based as not to clog my pores...So far, the lotus night cream from Fresh has been my best source of relief, so any recommendations of products I could try are so so so appreciated!!!!!!!!!

RE: Really in need of reccomendations!!

Start with a cream cleanser, I love the REN one. For moisturizer, Herbivore Pink Cloud is my HG. As for overnight, I use Farmacy firming night balm and OMG this stuff is insanely hydrating and a tiny bit goes a loooooong way. Another thing to consider is adding acids to your routine if you haven’t already. Dry skin especially isn’t fond of physical exfoliants, so using chemical ones like glycolic and lactic is super important. Herbivore Prism is a good, gentle start and SundayRiley Good Genes and Ole Henriksen AHA/BHA serum are two you could buildup to. Just ensure you’re using them on a regular basis - start with 1-2nights per week and build up to 3-4 (and then use a retinol 2-3 nights a week). Cleanse skin, apply serum, allow it to absorb, then follow with moisturizer, allow it to absorb, and apply the Farmacy night balm over top. If you’re SUPER dry, I’d also suggest adding a hydrating oil to your routine. My favs are Tarte Maracuja and Herbivore Emerald. I have dry, sensitive skin.

Really in need of reccomendations!!

I really love Neutrogena Hydroboost facial cleanser and their invigorating facial cleaner. as far as moisturizer....still trying to find one for myself but I'm tempted to try the Hydroboost gel.

Re: Really in need of reccomendations!!

@tongxiaowei  The best moisturizer I have found for really dry skin is 

DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Moisturizer

Re: Really in need of reccomendations!!

@tongxiaowei Which cleanser are you using? 

Thank you!!! I will have to give that a try!!

Thank you!!! I will have to give that a try!!

I use one from EL, I think it's called Perfectly Clean??...

I use one from EL, I think it's called Perfectly Clean?? I've tried to switch to a more gentle cleanser, but I feel like it doesnt clean my skin as well as my EL one does! Could that be part of the problem??

Re: I use one from EL, I think it's called Perfectly Clean??...

@tongxiaowei This will sound which since you said you had oily skin, but I think you need oil and a great place to start is your cleanser. Try L’Occitane Shea Cleansing Oil. It is my favorite cleanser. The oil will both break up grime and makeup and replace moisture in your skin. Then, try a facial oil as a serum. I think you’ll enjoy Kora Organics Noni Glow Facial Oil. It’s a little pricy, but there is a smaller travel size available so you can give it a try. If you find you need a little more moisture, belif the true cream moisturizing bomb is great. I combine that at night with Drunk Elephant B-Hydra and I wake up with super plump skin!  

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing