Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Really dry skin

My face gets dry so bad and i'm always putting lotion on but it never seems like it is enough . Any suggestions ?

Re: Really dry skin

RE: Really dry skin

Hi! I also have chronically dry skin. I used to spend hundreds of dollars a month of medical level skin care. However, I now use Clinique Cleansing balm and the Clinique Moisture Surge Mask every night and my skin is 100% better!
Anonymous Insider

Hi there ! 

I have the same skin type as you! Have been dealing with dryness forever. My advice would be to really take care of your skin barrier!

- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser ( double cleanser with an oil base cleanser first if you wear makeup)

- while your skin is stil slightly wet apply a Hyaluronic acid serum of your choice. 

- Use a Niacinamide serum of your choice 

- Then use a moisturiser with ceramides ,Urea  and sodium hyaluronate in it, this will stop the water from escaping your face.

Honestly this should already relieve you from your dryness. Sunscreen sps 30 to 50 is also greatly advised to use daily! If you suffer from redness you could also hunt for a Centella based serum.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous Insider

I forgot the MOST important, avoid fragrance and alcohol in skin care at all coast! 

Really dry skin

I have horrible dry skin all the time! lotions never really help me oils are way better at rehydrating skin especially jojoba oil I just buy jojoba plain online and make my own face oil which always helps but I've had luck with a few product on sephora which do a great job at rehydrating my skin : lotus youth preserve dream face cream by fresh great for bringing ur skin back to life and works with in one use which I love also makes ur skin look young with who doesn't love. Next rose deep hydration face cream by fresh probably my favorite works well only take one use and ull see a noticeable difference with ur dry skin I use this one every time my skin feels dry cause it will be go the next day for sure. Next biossance squalane oil this will work for dry skin also like this one cause it good for face body and hair. Next first aid beauty product are also great they have face creams and face oils that all will help with dry skin!

@buttuglyface I have super dry skin too, so I definitely understand the struggle. My recommendation would be to find a rich cream instead of a lotion. My personal faves are the Kiehl's  Creme D'Elegance Repairateur, L'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream, and CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL.

Locking in your cream with an oil might also help. I don't think you have to spend a lot of money on a decent oil. I'm currently using The Acure Rosehip Oil and Blue Tansy Night Oil. Also, I would say to make sure you put your products on damp skin. I usually spray my skin with a hydrating spray toner to make sure it's damp.

Good Luck!! I hope you find something that works for your dry skin!

You should incorporate exfoliating into your routine.  Exfolikate is a great exfoliater if your skin isn't sensitive.  If it is, you should look for something gentler.  Unfortunately my skin is not sensitive so I don't have a recommendation.  After exfoliating, use a moisturizer with hyaluronic acid.  I personally use the PTR water drench moisturizer, but look for any with hyaluronic acid.

If you do have sensitive skin, my sister, who has dry, sensitive skin swears by the TATCHA The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder in Calming.

@buttuglyface 

maybe try something heavier than a lotion or consider a face oil?

what would you recommend then ? 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing