cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

REDNESS AND ECZEMA HELP

For a long as I can remember, my severe red skin (it gets as red as people who have rosacea) and eczema have been bothering me and damaging my self-esteem. I never want to leave the house because the weather is hot or interact with classmates because my already red skin could turn an even darker shade of red. It’s mortifying. 

I’m fairly new to makeup, and everything seems so complicated. I’ve visited Sephora and talked to the employees, but I never get the help I need. It’s like they don’t know how to deal with my skin. I’ve also watched many videos on redness, but their faces are light pink and not nearly as bad as mine. 

I do use moisturizer for my eczema, and my skin is healing. But if I use a product that irritates my sensitive skin, it comes back and makes my foundation look flaky. 

School is starting soon, and I desperately want to find a primer, foundation, and/or setter that completely  masks my redness and gives me the pale complexion I’ve always wanted. I’ve heard about green primers and concealers, and I would love to know which ones work the best. 

RE: REDNESS AND ECZEMA HELP

I have dry/combination and sensitive skin with redness. I feel your pain. I’ve started to use Thayers facial toner and it really alleviates the redness. You can get it at target. I also use Lorac primer for sensitive skin, or Laura Mercier primer both are really good. For foundation I was using Too Face Born this way but noticed that it was cracking my skin and literally sucked all the moisture from my face, so I’m going to try the Marc Jacobs one. I see lots of reviews recommending it for dry skin.
Anonymous Insider

REDNESS AND ECZEMA HELP

I have really dry skin with a lot of redness right now the thing that is helping me the most is moving to Farmacy products for my skin care it has really settled my face down. For foundation I currently use Huda which works well. I am looking to make the switch to a clean brand so will be trying to Cover FX when it gets here

REDNESS AND ECZEMA HELP

I know you didn't ask for a foundation, however the most full coverage foundation I've ever used is the Marc Jacobs Remarcable foundation. That foundation could cover up anything Haha. For concealer, Tarte Shape tape, Revolution Conceal and Define, JSC Magic Concealer, Elf Camo Concealer. I'm not too familiar with green concealers, but I know a lot of people use them. I loved the LA Girl HD Concealer but in the green shade. It worked really well for me.
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing