Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Product recommendations

Hello everyone! I have been on accutane for about a week and my skin is starting to peel and flake. I used to have super oily skin so it is a challenge going from one skin type to another so quickly. Does anyone who has been on accutane or if you have naturally dry or sensitive skin happen to know of holy grail products for dryness? I would love your help!

Re: Product recommendations

@Amanderin I would definitely consult with the doctor who prescribed you the Accutane to see what he/she recommends.  A great gentle moisturizer is CeraVe PM to start with, though.  Good luck!

Lots of brands have testing products meant to ensure they fit your skin. If you have oily skin you may want to focus on an exfoliator and a deep cleanser to prevent breakouts. For dry skin, a strong moisturizer and exfoliator helps get rid of dead top skin. Laneige has a super good water sleeping mask for dry skin. It smells great and feels even better on your skin. Tarte, Claudine, and Boscia have great exfoliators to help clear your pores. For a cleanser for oiliness, try Clinique or First Aide Beauty. Both have generally cheap sizes for testing. If you want a cheap cleanser try the Sephora brand; it does the same as the expensive just with less of the "fancy" ingredients. 

its kind of expensive but the caudelie serum and face moisturizer is such a life saver. i have really dry skin that gets kind of flaky and this made my face so soft and glowing and it works super fast 10/10 recommend

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing