Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Night cream suggestion!!!

Can someone give me suggestions on good night cream for very dry skin ???

Re: Night cream suggestion!!!

Have you tried your daytime cream as a night cream? I use Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... day and night on my combo (mostly dry) skin. Some folks with very dry skin might want something more moisturizing than the YTTP cream. In frigid cold weather (January in Chicago), I switch to DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Moisturizer during the day to save my skin from subzero wind. You could try that one at night. 

A general suggestion for whichever cream you choose: make sure your skin is damp (doesn’t have to be soaking wet) when you apply the moisturizer. If your face is dry by the time you reach your moisturization step, tap some water on it, then apply your cream so it can seal in that hydration. 🙂 

@quynhphuong FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer

Id suggest using La Mer Crème de la Mer Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL at night. It is expensive but if your skin is super dry this will certainly moisturize and heal your skin. It is a wonderful indulgence.

RE: Night cream suggestion!!!

My holy grail is the Farmacy firming night balm. It’s soooo hydrating. I layer it on top of Herbivore pink cloud. In the winter I add in an oil.

RE: Night cream suggestion!!!

I struggled for years to find a night time moisturizer that was rich enough to moisturize but gentle enough that it didn’t break my sensitive skin out over night. I love the Clinique moisture surge intense! I’m so dry, and I love that I can use this in the AM too! Took a while to get used to the fact that it wasn’t creamy and thick but I love it and will never be without a backup!

@quynhphuong, I have dehydrated-dry skin in the fall winter (it leans more combo in the warmer months) and these moisturizers have worked well:

DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Moisturizer

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g

BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb

DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Cream

GLOW RECIPE - Avocado Melt Sleeping Mask - it's intended as a sleeping mask, but I've found it to be very moisturizing as a night cream (or a day cream, for that matter).

I also find that adding a drop of an oil to my moisturizer helps with dryness. Some good ones Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mLThe Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL; or tarte Maracuja Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing