From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Night and Morning Skincare Routine for EXTREMEMY dry skin with SO MUCH TEXTURE and uneven/patchy skin

Hello everyone, lately my skin is very dehydrated in the T zone, today I was doing my makeup (Fresh Moisturizer, Smashbox Primer, Too Faced Born This Way, Laura Mercier Powder), and my skin BROKE UP like SH*IT! My foundation was split in my cheeks, my nose had a horrible texture, I saw my whole face dry and my expression lines were marked by the foundation(I only have 16 years old! That’s no normal). So I'm trying to find a new SkinCare Routine for the Night, NO MATTER THE PRICES, I want the best products, because today I felt horrible, I was ashamed to go outside with my face so dry and with so much textured (very notorious) all over my face! PLEASE HELP ME

Re: Night and Morning Skincare Routine for EXTREMEMY dry skin with SO MUCH TEXTURE and uneven/patchy skin

Adding this product to the many great recommendations given already...

https://www.sephora.com/product/doyou-soy-milk-ferment-essence-toner-P409967

I use it as an essence and it has make a remarkable difference in my usually dry, dry skin.

@martinapitta I'm sorry because I know the feeling when y...

@MartinaPitta I'm sorry because I know the feeling when you take the time and effort and your look is destroyed by dry skin. It can be a real.blow to confidence. I have to really change up my skincare during different seasons because I live in the south. Winters are very dry and summers are very humid. I use exfolikate twice a week and add in a heavier moisturizer. At night some times I will double hydrate. I'll do my skincare routine but then before bed I will go back and add moisturizer again. During the day, I have started using a heavier moisturizer, (swapping between FAB and Aqua bomb) but also using Hourglass primer no. 28. It really helps with hydration. I also use MUFE stick foundation which helps with moisture too. I would really recommend you talk to your doctor about the dryness of your skin. It can be a sign of hormonal imbalance.

RE: Night and Morning Skincare Routine for EXTREMEMY dry skin with SO MUCH TEXTURE and uneven/patchy skin

For texture issues you definitely need skincare products with AHAs. I’d recommend Drunk Elephant’s Framboos Glycolic Night Serum or Herbivore’s Blue Tansy mask. For intense moisturization, Paula’s Choice Rehydrating Moisture Mask (which you wear more like a moisturizer overnight) has been an immense skin saver in winter. Sephora’s Purple Clay mask is good for occasional treatments. Glossier’s moon mask is a hydrating mask as well. You might also want to look into hyaluronic acid drops to add to moisturizer or put directly on your face; which is offered my quite a few brands (Glossier, Paula’s Choice) but The Ordinary has it the cheapest at ~$7. Good luck!

Re: Night and Morning Skincare Routine for EXTREMEMY dry skin with SO MUCH TEXTURE and uneven/patchy skin

I'm so sorry you're having skin troubles. If the situation is really severe, I would consider visiting a dermatologist before spending tons of money on products that may not address your issues.

Also, before looking to products, I would assess lifestyle first. Are you drinking enough water (drinking regularly throughout the day), eating a skin-friendly diet (low on refined sugars, caffeine, etc. high in healthy fats and veg), exercising regularly and getting enough sleep? If you don't do this, the effectiveness of your products will be limited.

I would recommend also giving your skin a rest from so many products. Constantly wearing makeup may be irritating, congesting or drying out your skin. Maybe for a weekend or more if possible, consider not wearing any makeup and just giving your skin a little TLC: facial massages (there are YouTube videos), chemical exfoliants (REN makes a Glycol Lactic Radiance mask that has worked well for me), moisturizing masks (I like Origins mushroom mask but honestly, I sometimes just use full-fat yogurt with other ingredients mixed in), and moisturizing facial oils or serums.

I'd also consider switching your primer. The Smashbox one performs well, but I believe it is silicone based and that may be irritating.

Finally, your environment may be the main culprit. Is your home/school/wherever you spend a lot of time really dry? Maybe adding a humidifier might help!

I have very dry skin as well, exfoliating made a huge difference in the texture and an excellent moisturizer helped with hydrating my skin. I personally love Good Genes but that may be too extreme for your skin. The Dermalogica multivitamin thermafoliant May be a good option to help improve the surface texture. I wouldn’t use this more than 1-2x a week since it is strong, and always moisturize very well after exfoliating. Since it does contain Vitamin C make sure to wear sun protection on your face when you go out (a primer with an SPF would be great). 

As for moisturer I would look into the Ceramidin line by Dr. Jart+ it’s specifically designed for dry skin and would really help bring the moisture back into your face. I hope these suggestions help

@MartinaPitta I recommend Cerave Moisturizing Cream that...

@MartinaPitta I recommend Cerave Moisturizing Cream that is packages in a white and blue tub. I use this when my skin is flakey, patchy and super dry. It works overnight for me. You can purchase this at Target, Ulta or any drugstore. Its about $15.00 and will last you a very long time. I use it under make up and it works as a primer as well.

Well since you said 'no matter the price' I would suggest Creme de la Mer. Check out the reviews and youll see how it is seen as the holy grail amongst skin care to a great many people with dry, parched skin.

Agreed on La Mer ! 

RE: Night and Morning Skincare Routine for EXTREMEMY dry skin with SO MUCH TEXTURE and uneven/patchy skin

I’m using the first aid beauty intense hydration and it’s so good. For more hydration I heard the one by belief is amazing
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing