Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Need some advice...makeup and moisturizer

I am 39 years old and have extremely dry, sometimes flaky skin and some darkness and wrinkles under my eyes. I have tried several products and have not yet found a routine that both covers my flaws and helps target my problems. So, I am asking for advice on the following: Reasonably priced eye cream, concealer, foundation and moisturizer for my skin type.  Also, do I need a primer? Thanks for any help!

First aid beauty is reasonably priced and their ultra rep...

First aid beauty is reasonably priced and their ultra repair cream is perfect for ultra dry skin. You should also consider using an oil treatment before you moisturize, nude skincare has a great one. A cream foundation is also best to use on dry skin like Laura Mercier silk cream foundation. If you are that dry you should wear a primer or your makeup wont last. Your makeup needs something to hold on to and a good hydrating primer is from smashbox.For your eyes you Have to try shisiedo benefiance eye cream.. It's Amazing.. Laura mercier concealer is also good or if you like a stick concealer hourglass is really awesome too. You should also be sure you are getting rid of that dry rough skin by exfoliating once a week, this is Really important and will help your makeup go on flawless. Good luck!

Supplementing what Diana said, I would actually recommend...

Supplementing what Diana said, I would actually recommend Origins Plantscription eye cream if your wrinkles are actual wrinkles instead of just dehydration wrinkles: http://www.sephora.com/plantscription-anti-aging-eye-cream-P375255

As for moisturizer, we used to use L'occitane Immortelle, but I don't know if that's more than you are willing to spend. Ole Kenriksen Truth line, especially their SPF15 moisturizer, is reasonably priced and moisturizing and good for mild anti-aging.

Hi Denise831,    It sounds like you definitely need some...

Hi Denise831, 

It sounds like you definitely need some hydration! I'm going to suggest a few things that are GREAT to use!

Origins Eye Doctor Eye Cream (amazing for dehydration and depuffing)

Eye Doctor™ Moisture Care For Skin Around Eyes

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense for Dry/Dry Combination skin types

Moisture Surge Intense For Very Dry To Dry Combination Skin

Lancome Bienfait Moisturizer with SPF 30

BIENFAIT MULTI-VITAL - SPF 30 CREAM - High Potency Vitamin Enriched Daily Moisturizing Cream

I would suggest a hydrating primer if you really want a good base to keep your makeup looking and feeling smooth and soft throughout the day:

Smashbox Hydrating Primer

Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer

Kat Von D Rehab Priming Elixir

Rehab Priming Elixir

As for foundation, try a hydrating one with a glowing finish to smooth away any fine lines and keep your skin looking bright:

DiorSkin Nude Skin Glowing

Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (if you want a heavier coverage)

Silk Creme Foundation

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (for a light to medium coverage)

Sheer Glow Foundation

Try also the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit which is hydrating, smoothing and comes with two shades so you can blend to the perfect match for your skin tone

Creamy Concealer Kit

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing