Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Need help on extremely dry skin, skincare + makeup wise.

Hello everyone seeing this post. I've only resorted to asking for help on here because I genuinely have no other clue how else to fix my skin or to help my skin. Every single time I have applied makeup, it just flakes right off by the end of the day. I've tried with primer, without primer, changing foundations, everything, and nothing has helped me. To keep it short and mostly to the point, I've tried foundations like Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint 1, Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation, the Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation, nothing has worked. Even some concealers like NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, Dior Backstage Concealer, and Hourglass Vanish™ Airbrush Concealer are all too drying for me. I also have tried drugstore options such as the Fit Me Dewy foundation but I've found myself in the same spot as it also flakes and separates on me.

Right now I'm trying the Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Medium Coverage Liquid Foundation with Hyaluronic Acid in shade 02 neutral.

This is how my skin ends up looking every single time after a 5-7 hour day which normally consists of little to no touch ups, and apologies for the low-quality image, I would prefer not to show my face.

IMG_1647.jpeg

Re: Need help on extremely dry skin, skincare + makeup wise.

@huynhllll  I know that is a frustrating problem.  I feel the same way about some of the products you've mentioned, particularly the concealers.

I don't use primers often, but I do like the ELF Poreless Putty liquid one.  I also like ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Secure the Blur Makeup Magnet Primer 1.18 oz/ 35 mL .  It makes my skin really smooth, better than anything else I've tried (including Hourglass, whose products I generally love.)

When I look at your picture, I think I see not just dry skin, but skin that needs exfoliated, especially around the nose.  My problem area also.

The two products I use that I can absolutely depend upon to smooth and clear my skin are:

Biossance Squalane + Retinol Night Serum 1 oz / 30 mL, with Drunk Elephant Bora Barrier Rich Repair Cream with 6-Butterlipid Complex 1.69 oz / 50 mL  applied on top.

To be honest, I've tried Biossance Squalane + Ectoin Overnight Rescue Deep Repair Night Cream 1.69 oz / 50 mL , and although I use many of their products and like the brand in general, this products breaks my face out, while the Drunk Elephant one does not.  It always makes my skin more clear than the day before I use it, so it has something my skin loves.

It is a great idea to go to a Sephora store and ask the assistants if they can make up some samples for you before you decide to buy anything.  I haven't done that for awhile, but they used to have these tiny little tubs that they fill from full-size products so you can test things for yourself.

@huynhllll @What is your skincare routine like?  Also what primers are you using?  I think you might need to change to a more hydrating primer and foundation and add some beauty oil to your foundation. In order to have a good makeup base you have to have a good skincare one. 

Hi, firstly thank you for replying, and I used to use the Elf primers, the Power Grip primers (blue + pink ones), then I tried the putty primer. None of them worked, as for skincare, I'm just using the basics honestly, I've been using the CeraVe daily moisturizing lotion with a pump, sometimes the INKEY List Peptide moisturizer as well and the Ordinary's hyaluronic acid to lock it in.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_1647.jpeg
testing