cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Morning skin care routine

Hey guys 

I recently turned 30 and was looking for a skin routine.My skin is dry and sensitive and is easily tanned.After a lot of research the routine I came up with was 1.SK-II essence

2.Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

3.Sunday Riley Tidal Water Cream.

4. Supergroop Sunscreen.

I would want to know if anyone has  a similar routine and how is it working for them. For me it did not work out that much.My skin is duller than it used be.Also it feels much heavier to wear.Dark spots are more prominent.Can anyone help me alter this routine or tell what am i doing wrong.Thanks in advance 🙂

Re: Morning skin care routine

Hi @HaritaP, I'm 4- ,  also with dry skin, and here's my spring/summer routine:

1. Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb or IT Cosmetics  BYE BYE

2. (recently) Shisheido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate

3. (in winter) Glamglow Waterburst Moisturizer

4. Keihl's or Supergoop SPF

I am blown away at how wrinkle free I am. Grateful these products have caught up to my needs! 

Hope that helps!

Hi @HaritaP,

You have some really great products in your routine. However, I do have a couple of products I'd recommend. Since you're in your 30s, definitely invest in a good eye cream. The first signs of aging show up under the eyes. My current favorite eye cream is Kiehl's Creamy Avocado Treatment. It has avocado oil to moisturize your under eye area and keep wrinkles at bay.

Also, if you're concerned with dark spots, make sure you're exfoliating your skin 2-3 times a week. I really like AmorePacific's Treatment Enzyme Peel. It has papaya enzymes to slough off dead skin cells and it's gentle enough for everyday use.

Please send me a private message if you need further assistance.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Morning skin care routine

I'm about to be 30! My skin is on the dry, dullish side. My morning routine is similar to yours, I use a rose toner, the same vitamin c truth serum, a moisturizer, and sunscreen. It works great for me. How long have you been doing your skin care routine? Do you exfoliate or use AHA/BHA at night? I didn't have a skincare routine until about 2 years ago, and I remember it taking several weeks to see visible results.

Hey Tess

Thanks for the reply :-)I use Bobbi brown Buffing grains for exfoliation.Generally 1-2 times a week.For night I use tretinoin based night cream.I have just started the new routine.I may just try sticking to it for a month to see if its working for me.I am just concerned because it seems to have made my skin duller that it used to be.Can you suggest some good AHA/BHA exfoliate?

Yeah, stick to it for a couple more weeks. Sunday Riley a...

Yeah, stick to it for a couple more weeks. Sunday Riley and Drunk Elephant are the two skincare lines I've tried regarding chemical exfoliants. Drunk Elephant sukari babyfacial is a favorite. I like Good Genes from Sunday Riley, but I find my skin can't handle most of the products in that line on a daily basis, including the oils, so I prefer drunk elephant.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing