Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Moisturizer

What is the best moisturizer for dry skin? Preferably for those of us living in extremely dry, cold climates. I feel like my dry skin is ten times worse because of the weather and it seems impossible to overcome.

Re: Moisturizer

I love DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Cream for extra hydration for the dry winter months. Anything with ceramides is going to be a win, though. Good luck, @TarynJean!!

Moisturizer

I like any whipped oil moisturizer like Caudalie Vinosource SOS or Dunk Elephant Lala Retro, topped with an oil if your skin tolerates oils well. The Inky List has a good snow mushroom serum to go underneath, and Kora or Josie Maran have good topper oils. Basically you want hydration as well as something to seal it in. Btw I have dry, excema-prone skin and I live in Denver.

Hey Taryn!

The winter can be sooo brutal on my skin too! The best way I have found to stay moisturized is adding lightweight hydrating formulas throughout my self care routine. I LOVE the Biossance Squalane + Antioxidant Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil 6.76 oz / 200 mL to keep my skin clean without stripping it or making it feel tight. I follow up with Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment 5.1 oz/ 150 mL to tone my skin and boost my serum and moisturizer. To further boost hydration, i treat my skin with The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL. Honestly, I love it because its so effect and so inexpensive. SKINFIX - Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Cream has been my go to moisturizer since the holidays. I love how safe it is for my sensitive skin, and how well it hydrates without feeling heavy. Last but definitely not least, I seal all of that in with JOSIE MARAN - Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil. This is my secret weapon. Shake it real well, apply a pea size amount to your palm, warm it up between your hands, and gentle pat into the skin starting in the driest areas first. It instantly adds glow and feels amazing. Wow, did not start this intending to write a novel. Stay hydrated! #skincarejunkie #sorrynotsorry

personally, for me, I find the la Roche posay face cream extremely effective. I have very dry skin and this works the best for me and looks great under makeup with an added primer on top.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing