cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Moisturizer Recommendations??

Hello!

I struggle with acne prone skin from overproduction of oil to compensating for the dryness of where I live and the water I don't drink enough of. (Trying to get better at that one.) 

I've tried a few moisturizers and hydrating products but usually my skin always feels like it has a thick layer of product on it when I double up on an acne treatment and a moisturizer. I don't want to have to sacrifice one or the other.  

Currently I'm using the Clinique Acne Solutions acne + line correcting serum along with the CLINIQUE - Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydratoras my daily moisturizer. I also use the LANEIGE - Water Sleeping Maskas a treatment for wintertime or when I have really dry skin.

I recently purchased The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLand also THE ORDINARY - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5as an attempt to introduce some different products for acne and hydration. I tried these underneath the Clinique moisturizer as the instructions said. Unfortunately, no matter how little amount of product I applied, it felt like there was a thick layer of product on my face, rather than sinking in and absorbing.

Looking for any advice for using the products I already own. Thanks!

RE: Moisturizer Recommendations??

I use ponds Crema S Nourishing Moisturizer for the day and Ponds Rejuveness Anti Wrinkle Cream for night time and I loveee both. It does have you looking a little oily before it starts to set in but it leaves my skin feeling really smooth and hydrated all day. I just wouldn’t use the Nourishing Moisturizer under makeup, I haven’t tried it but I’ve seen mixed reviews that some people it worked good for under makeup and for others their makeup would slide or it would have them looking oily by the end of the day because it is on the thicker side and it is water based so it does take some time to fully dry.

Re: Moisturizer Recommendations??

I also live in a super dry environment, so I know the struggle! 

I swear by FAB ultra repair cream & find that it skins well into my skin - but I tend to be on the dry side.

Otherwise, I'd recommend Tatcha's water cream. I also suggest you try out some oils! Herbivore's Lapis oil is fantastic. If you're looking for an affordable option, check out The Ordinary's Rosehip oil. 

Good luck 🙂

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing