Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Looking for serum/moisturizer

Any recs? 

Re: Looking for serum/moisturizer

@Sarikagoel  What do you want a serum to do for your skin? Various serums target different things: dryness, redness, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin texture, acne, inflammation, etc. 

I have mostly-dry combo skin: my oily zone’s just on and around my nose. My daily moisturizers are Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer and CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. (I alternate between them.) When temperatures drop below freezing, I’ll likely switch over to CeraVe Moisturizing Cream or Vanicream Moisturizing Cream, and on extra frigid windy days I’ll top it off with a thin layer of petrolatum ointment (my fave is Aquaphor Ointment, but CeraVe Healing Ointment or Vaseline would also work; mostly depends on the texture you prefer) to protect my skin from chapping and windburn. 

If you really want something sold at Sephora, well… consider Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer , Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL , and if your skin loves shea butter, perhaps The INKEY List Peptide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL or Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Refillable Face Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Refill . I haven’t tried any of The Ordinary’s moisturizers yet, but a friend with dry skin enjoys The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + PhytoCeramides - Moisture-Rich Surface Hydration 3.4 oz / 100 mL . 

Re: Looking for serum/moisturizer

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing