Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Looking for a solution to chronic dry skin on my hands.

I am a photographer and my hands are constantly exposed to the sun, cold, wind, and everything else. Are there any special kinds of lotions or products that have worked well for anyone in the past? I feel like every time I get my skin back under control it goes back to being as dry and cracked as before. Unfortunately gloves are not a viable solution because I need to be able to access the buttons on my camera. 

Re: Looking for a solution to chronic dry skin on my hands.

@Harry62519 I've worked in environments where my hand would get so dry they would crack.  I used to use "prevex" lotion after washing.  It's been harder to find lately, but I find it in pharmacy.  Some pharmacies in Canada are compounding it as well so you may need to ask if they have it available.  I believe it's actually for eczema and itchy skin, but it was recommended to me by a pharmacist and was honestly one of the only things that helped me until I stopped that job. 

missjeanie_0-1652751367559.jpeg

@Harry62519 I haven't tried it personally but I have friends who SWEAR by the Fenty Skin Hydra'Reset Intensive Recovery Glycerin Hand Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL .

@Harry62519 I HIGHLY recommend Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream.  I've been using it for well over a decade and it has helped me to much.  A little bit goes a long way.  A good tip is to apply it every-single-time you wash your hands.  

Best of luck!  Let us know how it goes!  🙂

Also @Harry62519 , check this one out. I live in Italy, so France is not so far away from me. There is a french brand that does an amazing hand cream. The name is gardner's hand healer cream. I saw it on walmart's website. It's a thick cream, the scent is very citrusy and fresh, and is made with shea butter.

Immagine 2022-04-12 162327.png

Hi @Harry62519 , I can suggest you a few hand creams/products that can help. Firstly, I highly recommend you to try aquaphor ointment. It can be used on dry patches, and is very effective. Then, I like a few hand creams. L'Occitane Nourishing and Protective Shea Butter Hand Cream Amande Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream Diptyque and Nuxe also have nice ones, but those are very scented and pricey.

@Harry62519 I like putting some of the products I use on my face to my hands like vitamin c serum, sunscreen, cuticle oil and hand cream like Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Also exfoliating your hands at least once a week helps me. 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2
  • Immagine 2022-04-12 162327.png
  • missjeanie_0-1652751367559.jpeg
testing