Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Lipstick recommendation for dry/chapped lips

My lips are pretty dry throughout the year. I am looking for a good lipstick brand which is hydrating as well as long lasting. I would highly appreciate if you could suggest. Thank you in advance

Re: Lipstick recommendation for dry/chapped lips

I also have dry chapped lips.  I use every night lucas pawpaw ointment and then I wipe it off in the shower, I also use Avene cold cream which is super moisturizing.  I've tried a number of lipsticks. Charlotte Tilbury pillow talk is hydrating and matte, urban decay comfort matte is nice too (i love rapture and back talk). I find those ones have been gentler and long wear on my lips.#urban decay 

@Aashi4you I really like the BECCA - Ultimate Lipstick Loveformula.  It's a cream lipstick so it obviously won't be quite as long-lasting as a matte/liquid lipstick but they still wear an impressively long time on me and they're super comfortable, even slightly moisturizing.  The shade range is also really nice and I even appreciate the packaging; it has a sleek component with a magnetic closing cap on the tube (which I find extremely satisfying).  Definitely check them out. 

I need help with the same issue. I LOVED Bite Beauty's Amuse Bouche for this purpose but the attendants in my local store say the reason our Bite Beauty shelves are practically empty is because they are reformulating. But they have no clue as to when, or even if a new line is really coming out. This is the only lipstick that doesn't dry out my lips; and it actually stays on and doesn't feel like heavy goop. Is there a good alternative?

Hi @Aashi4you,

I highly recommend the SEPHORA COLLECTION Melting Lip Clicks which are incredibly hydrating. It also has a slightly glossy finish!

https://www.sephora.com/product/melting-lip-clicks-P432080?skuId=1989979&icid2=products%20grid:p4320...

❤️ Melissa

@Aashi4you  Do you wear lip balm under lipstick? I use Aquaphor ointment, sometimes topped with Supergoop Açaí Fusion SPF balm for UV protection, under nearly all lipsticks (except glosses) to keep my dry lips happy. 

I’d recommend MAC Liptensity if the whole line wasn’t discontinued; you can still find a few shades at MAC direct. These bullets are creamy, non-drying, and super pigmented. The color lasts hours with very even weardown throughout the day, leaving a lovely stain behind. I don’t own any of the new MAC Love Me bullets but you may want to try one: they felt very emollient when I swatched testers. 

BITE BEAUTY - Amuse Bouche Lipstick is very creamy and comfy to wear. The shades I own are long lasting, but nearly all of them bleed/feather on me unless I wear a lip liner or use a lip primer. I still like to wear them though. 

Lipstick Queen is known for their emollient lipsticks. I have some of their transformer shades (pH reactive) and several of their traditional bullets. Some shades are longer lasting than others. Ulta and Space NK sell them. 

GUERLAIN - Rouge G Customizable Lipstick is also very comfy to wear. Some shades are too emollient for their own good. 😂 I own a handful of these and one of the cases; I’ll warn you that the case is heavy and bulky, but it sure is pretty. Since I carry small bags/purses, I often leave the fancy case at home and just carry the bullet with its plastic end cap. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing