cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Lips lips lips. My poor scarred lips.

Hey Guys!

I'm a dry skin-sufferer. I've mostly figured out the techniques that work for dealing with my face and body but I am absolutely SICK AND TIRED OF MY LIPS SPLITTING CONSTANTLY. They ache and swell. cake and crack. I'd love to be able to wear a lipstick that doesn't specifically market its self as "lip-repair." I use blistex in the winter because it helps with the pain, but otherwise, I use cocoa butter & aquaphor at night. I occasionally use a lip conditioner that seems to remove dead skin but the benefit only seems to last for a day or so.

My lips feel great and look a lot better when they're covered in a thick goopy layer of Aquaphor. But I'm sick of that life. 

I need some good suggestions! (and at this point a good scar removal tech). Let me know if you have any ideas!

Re: Lips lips lips. My poor scarred lips.

I’m currently on Accutane and my skin is super dry at the moment, especially my lips. They’re are forever cracked and peel all the time. I found that BITE Agave Lip Mask has done wonders for my lips; and it stays hydrated for hours, AND it tastes delicious! You won’t need to constantly reapply to keep them hydrated. I highly recommend it.

@EzPzSqeezy

I know this post is from awhile ago, but I just wanted to reply since "winter is coming". Lip dryness/cracking will only intensify.

I start off with a lip exfoliator. You can buy or make one for yourself. (DIY: sugar + honey) 

I rotate my lip balms, here are some that I really love!

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original

Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve Rosebud Salve- gives a small pinkish tint

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 Original- minty smells nice, * WARNING: this might sting at first, if your lips are still cracked.

A good drugstore product is Bag Balm (Vermont Original) - I tend to use this one as a lip sleeping mask. 

Thank you SO much. After reading everybody's replies it sounds like your recommendation for Laneige lip mask is right on point. Thank you for listing a few others to try too. I've found that sometimes my lips get used to certain products so it's good to rotate. I'll try to report back and let you know if your tips helped! Winter is coming, but hopefully now I'll be prepared, haha.

RE: Lips lips lips. My poor scarred lips.

@EzPzSqeezy The original Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream (it says cream but it’s actually an ointment). I had the same problem as you like 10 yearsago. It’s only happened to me a handful of times in my entire life where some kind of imbalance was going on. I did everything you were doing to no avail until I tried the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. I applied and left a generous amount on for a day. That ointment healed my persistent cycle of painful cracked split lips within a day and prevented it from coming back. I haven’t had this issue in like forever but I still always keep a tube of the Elizabeth Arden on hand just in case. It doesn’t smell the best to use but it’s a lifesaver for me for occasions like this. If you can get your hands on a travel size, that might be best in terms of price and amount you’d need to use

I would highly recommend the La Mer lip balm (I tried linking it but for some reason couldnt pull it up). It is expensive at 60 bucks and I feel like an idiot every time I order it but I dont really feel like anything else works as well. Not even close to as well actually. It is a wonderful indulgence, tastes of minty chocolate, and will leave your lips soft and smooth and healed! Its the bomb! 🙂

@EzPzSqeezyUnidentified

O'Keefe lip repair

@EzPzSqeezy Definitely La Neige Lip Sleeping Mask ot if you want a thicker product, I suggest the BKR Paris Water Balm. The BKR lip balms smells like real roses and stays on all night 💕

Yet another vote for the  Laneige Overnight Lip Mask!  I use the Kiehl's Lip Balm every morning as well, and reapply a couple of times during the day.    MY lips have gone from dry, cracked messes to perfectly smooth and hydrated!

Lips lips lips. My poor scarred lips.

I found that the Laneige overnight lip mask does wonders!!!

@EzPzSqeezy

Lip Scrub-MAC Lip Scrub and Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub (At least once a week)

Lip Balm-Tatcha Lip Balm, MAC Lip Conitioner, and Kopari Lip Balm

Overnight Lip Mask-Laniege Lip Sleeping Mask and Kiehl's Buttermask Lip Treatment

These are my favorites for my dry lips.

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing