Laura mercier tinted moisturizer OR Nars tinted?
Re: Laura mercier tinted moisturizer OR Nars tinted?
@KiloWatts I just tested both of these out, actually-- personally, out of the two, I prefer the Laura Mercier.
Here's a couple points of comparison I noticed during my wear tests:
- The NARS' shade range pulls a bit yellow/warm compared to the LM.
- The LM smelled like nothing, while the NARS had a slight, but lingering sweet scent. (Personally, I didn't like it, but YMMV.)
- The NARS is slightly more full coverage with one layer, though the LM is buildable should more coverage be desired.
- I felt that the LM faded more gracefully throughout the day, compared to the NARS, whose fading was a tiny bit patchy on my nose.
- The sunscreen ingredients in the NARS are octinoxate and titanium dioxide, whereas the LM's sunscreen ingredients are octinoxate and meradimate. In summary, the difference is: Titanium dioxide is more photostable on it's own, but if you wear a sunscreen with avobenzone in it, the titanium dioxide can degrade that ingredient, thus lessening or even nullifying its SPF. Basically, the NARS is slightly better SPF on it's own, but doesn't mix well with chemical sunscreens.
- The LM seemed a little more moisturizing.
Price wise, they're the basically the same ±$1 at Sephora. (Though you should be aware that the LM website currently offers you 15% off your first order.)