Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Industrial-Strength Moisturizers?

Not sure why, but this winter in particular has been sapping all of the moisture out of my body! I’ve always been pretty dry and have a solid routine that gets me through every winter, but all of my holy grails (the entire Dr. Jart Ceramidin and Cicapair lines, FAB Ultra Repair Cream, and The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors) are failing me! I drink about a gallon of water a day, so that doesn’t seem like the issue. Any suggestions? I don’t really care about price at this point, but I’m allergic to coconut and pretty sensitive to heavy fragrances.

Re: Industrial-Strength Moisturizers?

I've been dealing with the same issues recently and Korean skin care has been the only thing to sooth my dehydrated face. Currently, I use the MISSHA First Treatment Essence as a toner, but you may want to pick up the Murad Hydrating Toner, and then I go in with the Dear Klairs, Rich Moist Soothing Serum (which you can find on Amazon or Soko Galm). Finally, I finish it off with a skin booster, the Lee Ji Ham Vita-Propolis Serum Ampoule (which is on Amazon or at Target, though I think they call it the LJH Vita-Propolis there), which is honey-based, so it both hydrates and seals in the moisture. Then carry on with the rest of your normal moisturizer and oil routine.

Also, you may want to think about investing in a humidifier for your bedroom at night.

RE: Re: Industrial-Strength Moisturizers?

Thanks! K-Beauty has been the most successful for me in the past so I’m going to try this out

Re: Industrial-Strength Moisturizers?

Hi there! These are two cruelty free moisturizers for very dry skin that you may want to try:

BareMinerals Butter Drench https://www.sephora.com/product/butter-drench-tm-restorative-rich-cream-P405144?icid2=:p405144:produ...

OLEHENRIKSEN Nurture Me https://www.sephora.com/product/nurture-me-moisturizing-creme-P42335?icid2=:p42335:product&om_mmc=ot...

Neither of these is very fragrant, so hopefully they will help hydrate your skin!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing