Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

In need of daily skin care routine

Hey all.... I am 35 and I suffer from dry and super sensitive skin. I need a routine to keep my skin glowing. Since the shut down I’ve only worn make up twice. Plz help.

Re: In need of daily skin care routine

@ToyaLee We've got similar sounding skin type!! I'm early 30s, normal to dryish skin, a little sensitive and hormonal breakouts.

There's A LOT to skincare and it can be super overwhelming. I'll list a routine below and some recommended products in a couple different price ranges.

Morning

Gentle cleanse (PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanser or the Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash 5 oz/ 150 mL. A lot of people like Cerave as well)

Toner (I love the DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ LiquidI'd try to find a balancing hydrating toner for the morning)

*Treatments (not necessary but can be nice)

*Vitamin C - Brightening (the The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% 1 oz/ 30 mL works to brighten but takes forever to settle into skin, some faves around the BIC are the Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL,  DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum, Glow Recipe Pineapple Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL, Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL and the SC Glow Oil).

*Hydrating Serum (Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL, THE ORDINARY - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL)

-Eye Cream (can also just use your moisturizer; dont put on eyelid unless it says 360 safe. ORIGINS - GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff, OLEHENRIKSEN - Banana Bright Eye Crème, FARMACY - Cheer Up Brightening Vitamin C Eye Cream with Acerola Cherry)

-Spot Treatment (if you have any acne, any silacylic acid could work. The Ordinary has one, Melt has one, Sunday Riley has one)

-Moisturizer (BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bomb, Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL, Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL)

-SUNSCREEN *this is a must (SHISEIDO - Ultimate Sun Protector Lotion SPF 50+ Sunscreen but leaves a white cast. Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. A lot of people are liking the newer FIRST AID BEAUTY - Weightless Liquid Mineral SPF 30.)

PM

-Double cleanse (oil step, Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL); (foaming wash, Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml)

*Masks and Treatments (definitely not a necessity but especially using retinol and or acids can be great)

*Retinols (Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Retinoid Night Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL, The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL, Kate Somerville +Retinol Vita C Power Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL, with all retinol, start with a low %, go slow once or twice a week to start and monitor your skin)

*AHA/BHA (AHA and PHA can help with skin resurfacing while BHA can clear our pores; The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% Exfoliating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL, Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment 1.7 oz / 50 ml, DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum, Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel Pads 30 Treatments + 5 Bonus, as with retinol, start low and go slow. Use a low percent or gentle product. Use once or twice a week to start on an alternate day to retinol. Monitor your skin)

-Eye Cream (similar as above, can also just use a moisturizer)

-Night Cream (FRESH - Lotus Anti-Aging Night Moisturizer , Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL or any thicker cream you like)

*Sleeping Mask (not necessary, but adds a lot of moisture. SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask, Origins Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Hydrating Face Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 2.5 oz/ 75 mL)

Please consult with a derm, even digitally, if you can.

You can check out other's routine or post your routine in this thread, https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-Routine-of-the-Day/td-p/5146142

Thank you. I will most definitely check these out. I alre...

Thank you. I will most definitely check these out. I already use the philosophy cleanser... so one down.
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing