Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

IMPORTANT!!! Glowiest foundation

I suffer from skin that is so dry, especially on my forehead. No matter how much I moisturize or if the foundation finish is radiant or not, my forehead sucks up all the moisture and makes every foundation look matte and cakey. What is the absolute glowiest and hydrating foundation you’ve tried, even if it looks greasy? At this point I’d rather have somewhat greasy looking skin than lifeless skin. By the way I’m currently using the Mario badescu rosewater spray, caudalie serum, jojoba oil, FAB ultra repair cream, FAB coconut moisturizer/primer  and the Josie Maran vibrancy foundation.

RE: IMPORTANT!!! Glowiest foundation

Josie Maran vibrancy is the glowiest and most moisturizing, you can mix in some liquid highlighter to glow more (I sometimes use Marc jacobs dew drops). I also love the Givenchy photo’perfexion foundation... but it’s not quite as hydrating.

Re: IMPORTANT!!! Glowiest foundation

I have that problem too, and I mix a drop or two of liquid highlighter into my foundation (Becca makes a great one, and Sephora sells small sizes. Kevyn Aucoin’s is also great). It turns any foundation glowy!

@aishahuc Maybe MAC Face and Body? It's a water based foundation, which may work well for you. The coverage is somewhat light and you can only build it up so much but it's a very nice glowy foundation. Also maybe MAC Next to Nothing Foundation. It's also very balm-y.

I would recommend the Josie Maran Vibrancy, or the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Stick!  Ohh super glowy and hydrating! Good luck!

https://www.sephora.com/product/ultra-hd-invisible-cover-stick-foundation-P398775

https://www.sephora.com/product/vibrancy-argan-oil-foundation-fluid-P407445?skuId=1795830&om_mmc=ppc...

L'oreal Pro Glow foundation!!!! Sooooo good

Have you tried exfoliating your skin? I too have crocodile skin and exfoliating removes that layer of dead dry skin so your skin will then soak up the moisture instead of it sitting on top of that layer and it'll make your foundation lay so much more smoother. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip! I have tried exfoliating in the past but never found one that i really like. What do you recommend?

I really like IT Cosmetics' Miracle Water™ 3-in-1 Glow Tonic.  I use it as my second step in a double cleanse, and I find that it really works well as a exfoliating, hydrating toner.  I too have really dry skin (Minnesota here!) and I was worried that adding another exfoliator would dry me out further.  But, this toner has eliminated every bit of dry, flaky skin I have and allowed my next skincare step to sink right in.  I use the tonic, follow with a hydrating serum and a healthy spray of rose water, before sandwiching jojoba oil between a thick moisturizer.  Bam!  Hello super moisturized skin!

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing